: Robert Munsch a cocaine addict???

danalicious
May 15th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Completely shocking, and he is a favorite in this house. We truly believe that Robert Munsch stories are the reason our youngest ever became interested in books.

Story here (http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=3030781)

Macfury
May 15th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I have always hated "Love You Forever," one of the most depressing books I have read.

Chimpur
May 15th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Thats sad about Mr Munsh. But I love that book. It always makes me cry.

MLeh
May 15th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Bi-polar disorder can be debilitating. There is lesson to be learned from this story, certainly.

Very sad.

Dr.G.
May 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Thats sad about Mr Munsh. But I love that book. It always makes me cry.

Bi-polar disorder can be debilitating. There is lesson to be learned from this story, certainly.

Very sad.

Yes, very sad. Saw him at a local bookstore once here in St. John's. Still, regardless of his demons, one cannot take away from his creativity and what he has done for thousands upon thousands of children. He is a stronger person now for coming out and telling his story. I wish him well.

bsenka
May 15th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I feel bad for him, and I hope he gets/keeps those demons under control.

I do, however, question the wisdom of making these things public. There's a lot more than just his public persona that could be damaged.

fjnmusic
May 16th, 2010, 04:13 AM

Very sad.

Maybe not so sad. Like many other artists who suffer from manic depression, also known as bipolar disorder, we'd probably have never heard of Robert Munsch if he didn't have this particular ailment, which is likely also responsible for his creativity. It's a blessing and a curse, but, like fellow artists Hugh Laurie, Sheryl Crow, James Taylor, Sting, Carrie Fisher, Jim Carey and Robin Williams, he's found a way to make his madness work for him. Fine line between genius and insanity, they say.

Famous People with Bipolar Disorder (http://www.mental-health-today.com/bp/famous_people.htm)

jimbotelecom
May 16th, 2010, 05:34 AM
No mention of busty hookers unlike Jaffer.