: Diablo 2 Classic Install not supported

Davis
Apr 30th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Im trying to install Diablo 2 and LOD on my Macbook and it says that the classic install is not supported. Is there a way around this? I really dont want to have to install or downgrade versions to play.

Nick
Apr 30th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I don't think there is. I have the same problem trying to play Warcraft II.
I ended up getting a clamshell ibook for it (of which the HD just died).
Your best bet is to pick up a cheap white g3/g4 ibook.

Cheers,
N.

Davis
Apr 30th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Okay I found a different way to do this, & nick this may help you. Go to battle.net and create an account, if you add a game to your account using your cd code you can download the game directly from their website. This may be time consuming but atleast you will be able to play.

Nick
Apr 30th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Really? Sweet! I have a copy of Warcraft II and Starcraft II I can't play right now.
If I can make that work, I could sell my clamshell (although part of me wants to keep it for nostalgia sake).

I wonder if that will work, as Warcraft II and Starcraft II don't have CD keys?
I'm going to go try and report back.

Nick
Apr 30th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Just tried. No luck.

Looking into OS9 emulators now. Can anyone recommend one that will work?

SINC
Apr 30th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I've never tried it, but this might help:

The Official SheepShaver Home Page (http://sheepshaver.cebix.net/)

Davis
Apr 30th, 2010, 05:21 PM
hmm sorry man! thought it would, I own Warcraft 3 although my friend borrowed it and never gave it back, maybe I should get that running too. Anyone have D2 who still play? On a side note. Diablo 3 comes out soon and do you think my MBP will be able to run it?

i-rui
Apr 30th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I was going to suggest creating a partition and installing Tiger with classic on it, but then i realized that Tiger may not even run on the newer mac hardware.

monokitty
Apr 30th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I was going to suggest creating a partition and installing Tiger with classic on it, but then i realized that Tiger may not even run on the newer mac hardware.

Classic will not run on any Intel-based Mac regardless of operating system. And no Mac can run an operating system lower than the OS that shipped with the unit originally.

Davis
Apr 30th, 2010, 05:40 PM
well hopefully this method works. 15 minutes until download is done. Slow internet :\ Moms gonna kill me because were over our limit for bandwidth. I hate rogers.

Davis
Apr 30th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Okay well it now can open the installer but as I go to insert my CD-Key it says I need a 26 character key, I bought the battle chest way back when and the CD-Key on my install disk is only 16 characters. I contacted blizzard support, hopefully I have a speedy response to this. I also hope LOD does not have the same problem.

BlackViper
Apr 30th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I believe that there is an intel version of the D2 installer/launcher on the blizzard website. You will launch this app to install/play D2 instead of the Classic version on the disk. I still play D2 sometimes, it runs great on my 2007 iMac, there has even been a new patch released to fix some issues with intel/Snow Leopard Macs.

Davis
Apr 30th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah thats the version that I downloaded. & I figured out the code thing, when you register your cd key they give you a 26 digit code back.