: Lots of cracks on top cover of 2008 MB

jmlachance
Apr 29th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Just noticed it today but it appears they've been there for a while since they have blackened. These are hairline on the hinge portion of the cover (screen), all the way from one side to the next. I have Apple Care but won't bother asking for repair,it doesn't affect the MB's performance anyhow. Any one else seen these or heard of reports about these?
I had the keyboard replaced a few months ago because of the cracks on the inside but these new cracks are on the outside

Paddy
Apr 29th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Apple has been fixing cracked cases (bottom, anyway) for a while now - whether the machine is still under warranty or not. I'd get it fixed if I were you - it could get a lot worse. No harm in trying. You'll probably have to take it into the Apple store.

See: MacBook cracks in top case...Pics inside... - Mac Forums (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=852074) (yes, a crack on the top of the bottom part of the machine - not where yours is, but yours sounds like it shouldn't have happened either.)

monokitty
Apr 29th, 2010, 02:53 PM
It should be covered. Bring 'er in!

IllusionX
Apr 29th, 2010, 04:10 PM
yap.. my friend bought a white macbook, and the bottom case was changed. Fortunately, because the original one had become yellowish.. :S