: "Target" word count in Pages?

rgray
Apr 27th, 2010, 11:08 AM
How can one set a "target" word count in Pages? Often I am required to write to a particular word count. For while I tried to work with Scrivener which allows two things (at least) that Pages cannot do. One is autosave which has been dealt with elsewhere. The other is the setting of target word counts, eg. 1000 words.... I have pretty much given up on Scrivener otherwise but I find the target count useful. How can one implement this in Pages?

It seems like something that ought to be Applescript-able but I am at something of a loss as to where to start.

Does anyone know of a script, or some other voodoo or jiggery-pokery, that can tell Pages, "Hey, when you get to some particular word count target, say 1000 words or whatever, jump up and flash the screen and/or make noise and/or do something (anything!! :D) to get my attention?"

Funkynassau
Apr 27th, 2010, 08:37 PM
I use Pages for our car club magazine and it tells me the number of words total at the bottom of the screen.

SINC
Apr 27th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I always know how many words I have typed as Pages does this automatically in the lower left of every window:

Kleles
Apr 28th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Word count is selected in Pages preferences.