: Unbridled Techno Joy

chas_m
Apr 17th, 2010, 06:56 AM
The Setup: I have a 13" BlackBook (2007) attached to a 21" monitor.

On the BlackBook's monitor: I'm watching an episode of Jools Holland's "Later" using Bluetooth headphones to listen to the music (it's late). The smaller monitor is perfect for watching SD video fullscreen.

On the bigger monitor, I am reading various Mac forums and moderating another forum.

Normally I like to pay full attention to what I'm watching (particularly movies), but "Later" is just a music performance program so I can just look at it occasionally as desired while listening.

Next to me is my iPhone, on which I am waiting for an SMS message letting me know about some business I'm going to be doing soon.

Nerd Bliss.

Lichen Software
Apr 17th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I am reading your post on a PB 1400, G3 333, Dell TrueMobile Wireless card using Classilla 9.1 on System 8.6 in the kitchen. I have already looked at posts regarding putting high powered radeon cards and CD_RW's into a 9600. MY wife has already had an email from a post she did on Ancestry.com that may give her access to a branch of her family tree she thought was lost forever on her souped up AGP Graphics tower.

The sound is now on with the alert set for "Quack" as nothing else upsets Windows users as much as a quack. But, alas, I can't play SoundJam and surf at the same time on this machine. Too memory crippled, but I may listen to music later.

Email has already been downloaded using Eudora, leaving all on the server. I have already picked out all of the spam and had Eudora remove it from the server so that when I go to my "Real Machine" later, the spam will be gone.

While I do all of this on a machine that is on it's 14th year and read your post I am amazed at the age we live in giving us the flexibility to do what we want in the way we want to do it with such a wide variety of methods.

rgray
Apr 17th, 2010, 08:33 AM
I'm watching BBC coverage of the Formula 1 qualifying session on the latest MB unibody streamed through a proxy in England, while washing up the breakfast dishes and occasionally checking on the wood ducks in the trees out back of my house... Mixing metaphors for sure! :D

tilt
Apr 17th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Sorry to go OT, but rgray, can you tell me exactly how you get the stream from BBC? I would like to do the same because watching it here on TSN or Speed does not do it for me.

Cheers