: Adobe CS5

wonderings
Apr 12th, 2010, 02:58 PM
So I watched the Adobe CS5 infomercial this morning. Nothing like 1 minute of a feature demonstration for each program to get you excited *insert sarcasm*

Anyways, I was watching at work so was in and out, and I dont see anything on the Adobe website, was a release date announced for CS5?

Paddy
Apr 12th, 2010, 03:20 PM
No specific date mentioned in the presentation, but they're taking pre-orders and and MacWorld's article says products are scheduled to ship within 30 days.

I watched the presentation too and I was quite impressed with some of the features in Photoshop and Dreamweaver. I'll be upgrading after others have had a chance to try it all out and report back - just in case there are any nasty surprises or things that fall over badly. ;)

IllusionX
Apr 12th, 2010, 04:17 PM
i _just_ got CS4.... why CS5 already ?

John Clay
Apr 12th, 2010, 04:27 PM
i _just_ got CS4.... why CS5 already ?

CS4 came out in October 08.

If you bought CS4 very recently, you'll get a free upgrade to CS5.

wonderings
Apr 12th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I will be upgrading my machine the day its released for download purchasing. I do tests on my machine first, make sure things are all working as they should in actual tests with actual jobs. Worked out well for me so far, and this way I always get to play with the latest and supposedly greatest.