: At Chapters today....

Veej
Apr 6th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Went for a stroll to Chapters today at lunch, while passing the magazine rack I see from the corner of my eye the cover of Time Magazine behind other mags, only top 3rd of the cover is visible, I see a forehead and 1/3 of Gandhi specs...my heart skips a beat right away I assume it's our MAN on the cover.. I grab the mag...and POW!!

I quickly go through it to ensure enough content, -- good...then put it back to look for a pristine copy...found.

Looking forward to the read on the bus ride home, and adding it to my collection!

johnnyspade
Apr 6th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Ghandi is on the cover of Time Magazine?

SINC
Apr 6th, 2010, 04:58 PM

Could he be referring to Apple's Steve Jobs?

Paddy
Apr 6th, 2010, 05:08 PM
It's online too. ;)

Apple iPad Launch: Will Steve Jobs' Magic Touch Return? - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1976935,00.html)

Great article by the always enjoyable Mr. Stephen Fry - the second person in Britain to own a Mac, after his good friend Douglas Adams.

Stephen Fry* also writes an often funny tech blog on his web site (http://www.stephenfry.com) (not too many entries lately as he's under deadline for the second installment of his autobiography) and tech reviews for the Guardian in the UK.

*Stephen Fry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Fry) for those unacquainted with the wonderful Mr. Fry (Jeeves & Wooster, Fry & Laurie, Blackadder etc. etc.)

jamesB
Apr 6th, 2010, 05:09 PM

It must has been an old edition, "really old".

Oakbridge
Apr 6th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I picked up the iPad edition. At $4.99 per issue there won't be too many issues that I'll buy at that price but I thought it might be cool to have a copy of the first Digital edition of Time.

If they brought the price down, I could see myself reading more magazines this way, even subscribing and probably better overall for the environment.

Ottawaman
Apr 6th, 2010, 08:20 PM
When he said "our man" I thought that he was referring to the Mayor. ;)

imactheknife
Apr 6th, 2010, 08:52 PM
did SJ lose his magic touch?? if when please let me know...it seems SJ and Apple have had nothing but grand slams in the last 3-4 years...

daniels
Apr 6th, 2010, 10:33 PM
When he said "our man" I thought that he was referring to the Mayor. ;)

me too :clap:

ehMax
Apr 7th, 2010, 09:42 AM
me too :clap:

LOL. :lmao:

The day I'm on the cover of Time will be the day I've probably done something really bad. "Time's bonehead of the year." :o :D ;)

satchmo
Apr 7th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I picked up the iPad edition. At $4.99 per issue there won't be too many issues that I'll buy at that price but I thought it might be cool to have a copy of the first Digital edition of Time.

If they brought the price down, I could see myself reading more magazines this way, even subscribing and probably better overall for the environment.

That's pretty steep for a digital edition. Yes, there is convenience and immediacy of online content, but publishers that are intent on following old school print subscription prices will fail.