: Swapping PS

James Z
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:48 PM
Hello,

New to the list, so please excuse any mistakes or at least let me down easy.I've asked this question before on other list 's yet never seem to get a solid answer.I have 2 LC 630's that i took the mob's out of and put in 5260/120 mobo's.I know it's a Road Apple and all but what a cheap upgrade to make an MP3 machine. My question is that to go to a 5400 mobo you have to change the PS right?So what other PS will fit in a LC630 case and jive with a 5400 mobo.To push it even further what other mobo's can go into this case and what PS would be compatible?If any one knows of a a good site that explains the swapping you can do i would really appreciate it.

Thanks James

Strongblade
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:16 PM
Theoretically, if you are running machines using a 5260/120 mobo, if they are operating as a 5260, they should be able to use iTunes and OS 9.2.2 providing they have enough RAM and HD space to hold your MP3s. As well, make sure its a fast drive. I had skipping on an old flakey external SCSI drive on a stock 5200 w/ 9.1 It was nearly good enough, if it wasn't for the old drive being slow.

James Z
Oct 14th, 2002, 10:33 PM
I currently do have it running 9.1 and it's fine but i found iTunes really slow and found winamp the fastest MP3 player for it.The MP3's really arn't the issue it's the 5260's connection issues that make it the bad choice.That's why i wanted to put a 5400 mobo in it and get back to a better surfing speed, plus have PCI slot.Someone today told me a 6360 PS would do the trick for it in a 630 case with a 5400 mobo.

Thanks James