: iTunes - no key for Zoom?

CubaMark
Oct 9th, 2002, 11:17 PM
Something I've always wondered... I have a small screen (800x600 - hey, it's what you do with it, right?) and need to minimize pretty much everything when doing multiple apps.

Why is it that there is no keyboard shortcut for the "Zoom Window" feature in iTunes? How silly is that? Anybody know of a hack?

M.
(who has just realized that he is monopolizing the board lately)

PosterBoy
Oct 10th, 2002, 04:17 AM
I dont know of a hack, but that is pretty dumb isnt it? You know what that means?

iiiiiiiiiiitt's FEEDBACK TIME!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled normalcy, or lack thereof.

--PB

macman
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:09 PM
You could always minimize your iTunes windows to the dock with Command-M.

Macman.

CubaMark
Oct 10th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Ah, but "minimize to the dock" is not what I want... I want the zoomed window which displays the play/pause/volume controls, and the soundtrack name, but hides the playlists and song lists. Maybe few iTunes users know about Zoom? it's a menu-only command, so perhaps...

M.

PosterBoy
Oct 10th, 2002, 02:45 PM
Clicking the little green menu bar button (just right of the minimise and close buttons) accomplishes the same goal, but a key command would be nice wouldn't it?

I use the zoomed view all the time, I have used it since the original MacAMP. Anyone remember MacAMP, later to become MacAST?

--PB

james_squared
Oct 10th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Hello,

I know what you mean: I like the zoom key too!

An application that might be of interst to you is X-Tunes from pol-online.net (http://www.pol-online.net/). I'm not too sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but you should check it out anyway.

This way you can just hide the iTunes full size box (command-h) and use the X-Tunes shortcut key to change tracks, play/pause, increase/decrease the volume with the keyboard. No mousing around required. (Oh, that's funny isn't it?)

James