: iPhoto asks for Mail.app?

CubaMark
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:31 PM
In an effort to make space on my little 3.2 gig hard drive, I tossed Mail (I use Eudora fanatically) and iPhoto (that puppy just eats disk space with thumbnails, etc.).

I recently re-installed iPhoto for 2 reasons: (a) I subscribed to .Mac (I know, I know.. but I have too much invested in [email protected]), which gives me some free Kodak prints, and (b) I hoped it would solve this problem with my PowerShot A40 not being recognized (it didn't :( ).

However, every time I open iPhoto, it asks me for Mail.app. Anybody know why? Selecting Eudora justs leads to spinning beach ball syndrome...

M.

used to be jwoodget
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:55 PM
What do you have set as the default email client in the Internet panel of System Preferences? If it's Mail.app then iPhoto may be setting it as the preferred email client.

You *really* need a bigger drive CM! 3.2 gigs is going to force you to make space decisions all the time. There are 10 gig notebook drives for around C$110 (go for IBM TravelStars if possible).

PosterBoy
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:15 PM
In iPhoto under the "Share" tab, there is a mail button. You select one or more photos and click Mail. You will be presented with a dialogue box asking you what six you want to send the photos as and what titles would you like to include, and when you click OK, it opens Mail.app.

This is really annoying, because I use Entourage fanatically, and I want iPhoto to recognise Entourage. But it doesn't. It opens Mail.app regarless of what the settings in the internet preferencepane are.

--PB

CubaMark
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:59 PM
Oh, man... things just keep getting more complicated.

Okay, UTBJW, my internet pref pane had nothing selected (anybody know how to get Outlook and MSIE removed as default choices, BTW?).

Nor can I set it to Eudora... why? 'cause I have two separate locations from which I connect to the internet (one a dialup, the other a LAN) with different server settings, thus, I launch Eudora via one of two settings files, not by opening the application itself. This throws a wrench into things.

PosterBoy, thanks for the explanation, it's an integration thing, I see.

UTBJW, yeah, my HD is tiny... and I have a six-gig sitting on the shelf which would be _slightly_ better, but frankly I'm rather afraid to crack the case on this (clamshell) iBook. I'm no novice when it comes to getting into the guts of a machine, but these things are monsters.

Sure, I could take it to a dealer, but... the other issue... there are a few cracks starting to appear (one directly between the top of the trackpad and the spacebar), and I'm frankly afraid that in the process of "cracking" the case, we'll really crack the case! May have to do it regardless, since the current HD has begun making the occasional "grinding" sound.... :eek:

M.