: scsi scanner for Nubus 7100 help

ptp250
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Hi all!

after buying new epson usb 48bit scanner at great price and a belkin PCI card for the 7100-
Rats !!!! no pci bus on board.
And no Nubus to Usb card!
now need a scsi scanner flatbed with photo :rolleyes:
thanksnull[/LIST]

Peter Scharman
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:06 AM
It might be a better move to invest that money in a newer CPU with a faster processor and PCI slots. I have a couple of surplus Motorola (Mac motherboards) CPU's if you're interested.

ptp250
Oct 10th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Wow !thanks fer replies smile.gif
Peter would I be able to put one of those boards into the 7100 case ?reletivly easy

We will talk to boss- about options for sure..and get back to you

thanks again paul null

Peter Scharman
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:28 PM
To get the PCI slots, you need to change the entire CPU, not just the motherboard. The Motorola's I have are complete units. One is a desktop and the other is a mini tower. I think I have a G3-300 card also. I could do a data transfer for you as well. If interested, let me know. I haven't given much thought as to their worth, but it would not be very expensive.

Rob
Oct 10th, 2002, 01:03 PM
I think Peter is right. A nice 7300 or 7600 machine should be pretty cheap these days. SCSI scanners of similar quality to the Epson you just bought are going to be expensive. If you get an older cheapo SCSI model it just won't be in the same league.
7300's and 7600's can use your current hard drive, keyboard, mouse and other scsi peripherals. G3 upgrades cards are not too expensive now. PCI slots for USB and/or Firewire upgrades make them very practical machines. The case design is also very easy to open and get access to the guts.

ptp250
Oct 24th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Just wanted to Thank u all fer the help
Looks like my friend is going to go for a used g3 laptop with the usb ports,maybe one of those Pizmo with 4Gb hard drives hi hi... smile.gif