: Need a Noob guide to unlocking and jailbreaking iphone

mistacal03
Mar 12th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Hello,
I've been googling and looking at various forums regarding unlocking and jailbreaking the iphone 3G...there are alot of info and i'm confuse to what do..

I have a 3g phone locked to Fido..which is fine..I'm using Fido..
I basically just want to block data...i've heard of unlock.it.co.nz..so do i just download it?? do i need to jailbreak my iphone first??

also..by jailbreaking only..does that block data???

if i jailbreak..what program is good??i heard blackrain(sp) snowrain(sp)??..i've seen custom iphone with crazy interface

thanks in advance

Dr_AL
Mar 12th, 2010, 06:17 PM
If you just want to block the data the easiest way is to go to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone (http://www.unlockit.co.nz) on your iPhone. All the website allows for is to install a profile to the iPhone that has a different APN setting to it. To block the data you download a profile that has false APN settings so the iPhone can not connect to the Fido Data servers. The website has instructions for installing a fake APN and it is rather easy.

If you jailbreak the phone that will allow you to download unauthorized programs some of which allow you to turn off 3G and Edge. If you don't know what you are doing try installing an APN setting profile first.