: Printing Bookmarks

lotus
Oct 4th, 2002, 11:30 PM
I am using Netscape 4.7.7 and would like to print my bookmark names and URL's. Names come out o.k., but not Url's. Any ideas?

Peter Scharman
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:30 AM
I have a copy of 4.6, so I'm assuming they're similar. The Bookmarks file doesn't allow highlighting of the URLs for copy & paste functions, but taking a snapshot of them works. If you haven't done this before (it's really cool), you can take a full screen snapshot by pressing "shift - command - 3" or you can take a snapshot of a selected only area by pressing "shift - command - 4" and using the crosshairs curser that appears to outline the area you want to capture. Bring the curser to the upper left hand corner of the desired field and hold down the mouse button as you drag the curser to the bottom right corner of the desired field. When you release the button, you wil hear the "shutter click" sound that tells you a picture has been taken. You'll find the picture files in your hard drive window. Just open the file and print it your "picture". It's great for capturing segments of web pages and graphics.

lotus
Oct 10th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Peter
Thanks alot, I would have never guessed such an easy solution.It was probably a stupid question, but my son just got a computer and wanted to get a head start with my bookmarks.

SOLID
Oct 10th, 2002, 06:06 PM
You should be able to save a copy of the bookmarks file and export to the new computer.

lotus
Oct 10th, 2002, 10:06 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but don't think that will work, they don't make cables in 30 mile lengths. That is what my daughter did when she gave me her old computer and it was no problem.

Peter Scharman
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:23 AM
If the newer computer has a floppy drive, you could just make a copy of the bookmarks file (in the System Folder / Preferences / Netscape Users / your profile). If no floppy, could you e-mail a copy to the new computer? All you would then have to do is replace the bookmarks file in the new computer with your copy and your done.