: iPhone/iTunes Launch?

andreww
Mar 11th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Picked up a 2G iPhone yesterday and all is working well. Only problem, when I plug the phone into my Macbook Pro, itunes doesn't automatically launch. As I am using this device to listen to my favorite podcasts during my commute, I really don't want to have to remember to launch itunes every day. There must be a setting somewhere to enable this!

G-Mo
Mar 11th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Make sure iTunesHelper (part of iTunes) is installed. If it's not, download (via the software page on Apple.com) and reinstall iTunes, this should make sure it's installed.

SINC
Mar 11th, 2010, 10:41 AM
When you plug your iPhone in, select it in the menu area on the left side and then under "Options", check the "Automatically sync when this iPhone connected" box and it will open iTunes and sync when you plug it in to the USB port.

G-Mo
Mar 11th, 2010, 11:04 AM
When you plug your iPhone in, select it in the menu area on the left side and then under "Options", check the "Automatically sync when this iPhone connected" box and it will open iTunes and sync when you plug it in to the USB port.

This is moot. iTunes should always launch when you connect your iPhone whether this is selected or not. I believe the OP already has this selected, as they just want to be able to plug in their phone and have it launch iTunes and autosync their podcasts.

SINC
Mar 11th, 2010, 11:18 AM
This is moot. iTunes should always launch when you connect your iPhone whether this is selected or not. I believe the OP already has this selected, as they just want to be able to plug in their phone and have it launch iTunes and autosync their podcasts.

If I uncheck that box, iTunes will NOT launch. When it would not launch automatically when I got my iPhone, I called Apple who suggested I check the box and it solved the issue. I was merely passing along info told to me directly by Apple. They will no doubt be surprised to learn the suggestion is moot. :rolleyes:

andreww
Mar 11th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Got it fixed guys. Remembered I had suppressed the latest iTunes update until I was sure it was jailbreak friendly. Sure enough there was a fix for this issue listed. A quick check told me that the jailbreak community had given it its blessing, so I installed and all is now good. Thanks guys!