: iPhone 3G Dock problem

daniels
Feb 6th, 2010, 02:14 AM
I bought a AV iphone dock off ebay to watch movies from my iphone onto the big screen so when i plug my iphone into the dock I get This Accessory is Not Supported by Your iPhone. Any one know how to fix this? My iphone 3G firmware is 3.1.2 and its a Universal Dock

monokitty
Feb 6th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Ignore the message and playback the video anyhow -- it likely works regardless. My third-generation iPod dock gives me the same message when I plug in my iPhone -- yet doesn't affect any functionality of charging/syncing. I'll be damned if I'm going to buy the official "iPhone dock" just to prevent seeing that message when my 6+ year old dock works just fine.

The A/V part may not actually work on an "unsupported" dock, but I find that hard to believe if it's a genuine Apple Universal Dock.

daniels
Feb 6th, 2010, 03:01 AM
no its not an apple dock and it still doesn't output any sound or video but sync's and charges the iphone.

monokitty
Feb 6th, 2010, 03:32 AM
That explains it; third-party garbage... :rolleyes:

daniels
Feb 6th, 2010, 03:58 AM
well i guess that was a waste of $30.00

daniels
Feb 7th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Anyone have any suggestions for a dock that apple supports and will work with my iPhone 3G 3.1.2? I need a dock which i can connect to my TV with a AV cable and it also needs to come with a remote.