: How sweet would it be if the iPad keyboard works with the iPhone/iPod Touch

dona83
Jan 29th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I'd totally pick one up if it does. I wonder if they'd make an iPhone version of iWork as well, double sweetness.

chas_m
Jan 30th, 2010, 03:27 AM
I'd totally pick one up if it does. I wonder if they'd make an iPhone version of iWork as well, double sweetness.

I don't know about the keyboard -- If I'm reading the specs on the keyboard correctly, it has several iPad-only keys on it, so I'm doubting that it will work with the iPhone, but hey, who knows -- but I think you can rest assured that we will never see a copy of iWork for the iPhone.

The whole reason an app like that CAN work in a touch environment is that you finally have a big enough screen so that your finger size is not 1/5" of the screen area, making much greater accuracy possible.

They CLEARLY did not design iWork to work on a screen any smaller than 1024x768.

fyrefly
Feb 2nd, 2010, 10:42 PM
I'd settle for iPhone tethering on a non-3G iPad, and maybe even the iPhone getting the same use of the Apple BT Keyboard as the iPad's getting. :D

chas_m
Feb 3rd, 2010, 05:51 AM
I'd settle for iPhone tethering on a non-3G iPad, and maybe even the iPhone getting the same use of the Apple BT Keyboard as the iPad's getting. :D

Are Andy Inhatko and I the only people on earth who've heard of the MiFi?

Feb 3rd, 2010, 11:52 AM
Meh... I have hard enough times thinking of when I'd use an iPad with a real keyboard (actually really hard time thinking of when I'd use an iPad)...let alone a real keyboard with my phone, lol

dona83
Feb 3rd, 2010, 12:24 PM

I've only mentioned it on three other threads. :)

daniels
Feb 4th, 2010, 12:30 AM
never thought of that till now, i would also buy one for my iphone if it works.

jeepguy
Feb 4th, 2010, 04:06 PM

I don't see the point of it, if you already have an iPhone. The MiFI requires it's own 3G sim hence another fee. The point of tethering is using your existing iPhone's 3g. If I just want an iPad and don't have an iPhone, I would rather just get the 3g model and not have to carry around another box.