: Clock Radio iPhone

Benito
Nov 3rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
Does anyone have a clock radio and you can use to mount your iPhone to in order to use it as both a music player and to charge the iPhone? I would like to have such a clock radio so I can charge my iPhone as needed and occasionally use it to play either the radio or music from my iPhone. Any suggestions?

equisol
Nov 3rd, 2009, 08:46 PM
Benito,

I think this is what you are looking for. Excellent product

iP9: iPhone alarm clock, iPhone clock radio, iPhone audio dock (http://www.ihomeaudio.com/iP9)

Benito
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:06 PM
equisol, thanks for the link, that looks great. Do you happen to know if the radio tuning is digital rather than analog with a dial?

Edit: I reread the info and it is digital radio.

Have you used this particular model, does it really allow you to dock your iPhone and still receive calls while it is docked?

Macified
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:16 PM
Just go to any big box electronics store and shop around. Heck, even Costco has a few models to choose from. There are lots out there, just make sure they are iPhone compatible if you have iPhone and decide which features are most important to you. I would want one with a clock display that can be dimmed down to basically nothing as some of them are too bright and harsh to have next to your bed. I would also want one that can manage different sleep and wake volumes so that I could listen to music quietly at night and wake up to an appropriate volume in the morning (but I've never seen this feature).

Benito
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
Yes I figured that these things were really widely available, I was just hoping to get some feedback from ehMacians on what they have used and liked and in particular what allowed your iPhone to still work as a phone while docked.:)

wilecoyote
Nov 4th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Yes I figured that these things were really widely available, I was just hoping to get some feedback from ehMacians on what they have used and liked and in particular what allowed your iPhone to still work as a phone while docked.:)

I have an iHome, but it's an older model and won't charge my iPhone in the dock (I use the USB connector on it to charge if I have to).

But pay attention to what Macified said - my biggest complaint with the iHome I have is that the display brightness changes in steps but the change from completely off to the first level of brightness is way too large (ie. it's too bright even on the miminum setting).

If you like a very dark room, be careful. This kind of thing is a bit tricky to check out in a store.

equisol
Nov 4th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Benito;

Yes, it charges the iPhone (2g and 3g) iPod etc. and will receive calls as well while docked.
For some it may be a bit bright, but on the lowest setting it is pretty dim. And you can also add external speakers.

Benito
Nov 4th, 2009, 09:13 PM
equisol, thanks so much for both the suggestion and further information. I think that is the one I'll be getting. I'll go and have a look at it.:)