Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

How to Name People in iPhoto?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SoyMac 
#1 ·
Hi Friends
Migod, I'm stoopud. :(

I thought I'd try to organise some of my iPhoto library.

First, I chose a photo and then clicked "Faces".

I got a cork-board graphic that said to click a photo and click "name".
I clicked the photo again, but I can find no place/thing called "name", to click.

I looked in iPhoto Help, but the directions told me to click on things that I cannot see.

Do you know how to use "Faces" in iPhoto?

If "yes", would you care to tell me what I'm doing wrong, give me step-by-step instructions?

Thank you!

#2 ·
1. go to the photo that you would like to tag with a name.. so either look through your events, or photos (both are right above the Faces section in the sidebar)

2. when you click on a photo, the Name button is at the bottom of the iphoto screen

3. It tried to locate faces for you (it might show them as being unnamed). If it recognizes them, great.. all you have to do is double click where it says "unnamed" and type the name of whoever it is.

If it doesnt recognize a face for you, use the Add Missing Face button towards the bottom left of the window. I've found it works best to resize the box to just be around the facial features itself, not around the whole persons head.

4. Once you've done that, you can go to the Faces category on the left side of iphoto and you should see the people you just tagged organized on the corkboard

5. When you double click on their face..it may say " (insert name here) may also be in the photos below, which allows you to then grab some more photos that person might appear in.

Hope it helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.