: Did Rogers change their hardware upgrade policies?

smellybook
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
I just tried to order my 3GS iphone as a 1 year hardware upgrade and was denied because the rep said you can only upgrade after 2 years. Is this really true???

Whenever I call Rogers they give me incorrect information, so I'm checking here with you guys,,,

whatiwant
Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:00 PM
I just tried to order my 3GS iphone as a 1 year hardware upgrade and was denied because the rep said you can only upgrade after 2 years. Is this really true???

Whenever I call Rogers they give me incorrect information, so I'm checking here with you guys,,,

upgrades on smartphones are now 2 years apart.

if you're upgrading from a dumbphone I don't see why they wouldn't let you...

HowEver
Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
The policy changed in the summer, but not for the iPhone, that was in effect a two-year upgrade policy.

But for a few months after the introduction of the 3GS there was an "early adopter promotion" for those who had bought the 3G, spent more than $100 per month on wireless and agreed to a one-year extension.

Here you go:

Summary of Rogers 3G S upgrade policy (and welcome back to ehPhone.ca ! : ) | ehPhone.ca - Canada's iPhone Home! (http://www.ehphone.ca/2009/06/summary-of-rogers-3g-s-upgrade-policy-and-welcome-back-to-ehphoneca/)

crawford
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
Anyone know whether Rogers will bring back that early adopter program? I was living under a rock this summer and missed out. Called them a couple of days after the program ended and was denied an upgrade.

smellybook
Nov 4th, 2009, 02:52 PM
the sad part for me is that I called during the time of the promotion and tried to place an order for the 3gs, but the rep couldn't put the order through because of a system glitch.

I just tried calling back today asking if there was a record of that call when i originally tried to place the order, since it was a rogers system problem, I thought maybe they would honor it. I was ecstatic when the rep said it was actually put into the notes section on my account but he couldn't do anything about it now because there is no way to put it in the systems, once again because the promotion is expired, there is no promotion code.

Should I call retentions or something?

HowEver
Nov 4th, 2009, 03:16 PM
1. Join Twitter.

2. Follow RogersKeith*

3. Ask him to follow you in order to be able to send him a private ("direct") message.

4. I'm serious.

Worked for me, but I didn't wait until many months after the promotion expired.

*He will have someone from Rogers' Office of the President call you.

The topic is getting old, but here you go:
Summary of Rogers 3G S upgrade policy (and welcome back to ehPhone.ca ! : ) | ehPhone.ca - Canada's iPhone Home! (http://www.ehphone.ca/2009/06/summary-of-rogers-3g-s-upgrade-policy-and-welcome-back-to-ehphoneca/)