: Power-Support Anti-Glare Film Set-Price!

Veej
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Power-Support Anti-Glare Film (http://store.apple.com/ca/product/TS504VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MTA4MzQ1NDQ)

The price of the film for 2 in a pack is a whopping $20.00..$22.00 with tax for 2 of them.

I used to put them on earlier when I first got my iPhone 2 years back they last like 3-4 months at a time.

This time I was hoping not to get it cause the price held off for a few months since my last one starting attracting fingerprints and oil, (after a few months it's ability to resist oily prints diminishes.)

Well it kept the oily screen kept bugging me ...so finally broke down and paid the piper for 2 films...I love the look and feel and now the phone looks clean always.

You can also get the clear film one which still leaves you with the shiny screen but the finger prints are still minimized.

Just thought how Apple should maybe make a screen built in like this.

Hows everyone else doing with the finger print attracting screen, you guys gotta screen or just keep wiping the phone on your pants?

HowEver
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I use Power Support Anti-Glare. When Apple Yorkdale replaced my 3GS a few weeks ago, a genius bar person was kind enough to install it for me. I did have to buy the PSAG again, since I don't want my screen uncovered (I re-used my gel-resin iPhone case) for a second.

He put it on so perfectly, and in seconds, I bowed the we're-not-worthy bow at him.

(Unfortunately my Case-Mate Stealth backing--a black peelable sticker--could not be re-installed, despite their claim that it works three times.)

whatiwant
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I use Power Support Anti-Glare. When Apple Yorkdale replaced my 3GS a few weeks ago, a genius bar person was kind enough to install it for me. I did have to buy the PSAG again, since I don't want my screen uncovered (I re-used my gel-resin iPhone case) for a second.

He put it on so perfectly, and in seconds, I bowed the we're-not-worthy bow at him.

(Unfortunately my Case-Mate Stealth backing--a black peelable sticker--could not be re-installed, despite their claim that it works three times.)

i too have the anti-glare one. I notice a lot of horizontal streaking with it. Have either of you noticed it (and if so, have you been able to eliminate it?)

HowEver
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:52 AM
i too have the anti-glare one. I notice a lot of horizontal streaking with it. Have either of you noticed it (and if so, have you been able to eliminate it?)

No, I don't see any streaking at all on mine.

whatiwant
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:54 AM
No, I don't see any streaking at all on mine.

hmm. it's really noticeable against whites. maybe i can reduce it by turning the brightness down.

RunTheWorldOnMac
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Are those the ones in the green recycled cardboard envelope from the Apple Store? Those are the best going!

Veej
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Are those the ones in the green recycled cardboard envelope from the Apple Store? Those are the best going!

Yep those are the ones...they are awesome but killer on the pocket.

Veej
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:36 PM

No mine is quite awesome...a trick I learnt from one of the apple employees on putting it one is to put a piece of tape on the far end so if you need to lift back up incase your getting bubbles you easily do so. While putting it on I flatten it down with a credit card to eliminate bubbles.

RunTheWorldOnMac
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I have had mine on for 5 months... whenever the 3GS came out... it's still in great shape. At this rate, I am going through 2 a year...for $20 that's pretty cheap... if you buy the cheap ones, they look like crap, and damage easily. You are paying for quality and thus in the long run are actually cheaper.

Veej
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I have had mine on for 5 months... whenever the 3GS came out... it's still in great shape. At this rate, I am going through 2 a year...for $20 that's pretty cheap... if you buy the cheap ones, they look like crap, and damage easily. You are paying for quality and thus in the long run are actually cheaper.

Ya I guess your right if they last 5 months each....

gizmo321
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Yup, I use the PSAG film as well, and I love it.

I was hesitant at first picking these up because of the price. But I gave in based on the claim on the packaging to help reduce finger prints. Product lives up to the claim!

However, the screen clarity is not as good as the Power Support Crystal film. But it's a trade off I can live with.

whatiwant
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:30 AM
i just love the way the anti-glare film's matte finish feels.