: Any sugestions for a good alarm clock for iPhone

Carter
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:16 AM
I have installed a few different so called alarm clocks and have yet to find one that actually works.

Any suggestions.

Tks

mkolesa
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:59 AM
i've used the built in one in 'clock' (select the alarm function at the bottom) and it's always worked fine. allows you to set and use more than one, too.

fjnmusic
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Built in Clock works great. You can choose from a wide variety of alarm sounds too, just like your ring tones. Just make sure you're charged up.

JustAMacUser
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Another vote for the built-in clock. Plus, unlike alarms from the App Store, the built-in clock's alarm will sound whether or not you're actually in it--you can be in Safari, Mail, etc. and it will still sound. It also still sounds if the silent switch is on; its volume is controlled by ringer volume setting. The built-in one can be configured for recurring alarms.

AgentXXL
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Like everyone else, I set my alarms using the built-in Clock application, but I actually use Night Stand to supplement it with music to fall asleep to. All of the built in alarms show up in Night Stand and can be acknowledged from within the app. For example I have one alarm set to wake me for required medication, then a 2nd alarm later to get up. I also have different alarms for coffee breaks, lunch and for weekend wake-ups, all in the built in Clock application. My iPhone is docked every night so it's fully recharged for the next morning.

JustAMacUser
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:05 AM
...but I actually use Night Stand to supplement it with music to fall asleep to.

Not sure if you're aware of it, but in Clock if you go to the Timer tab you can set a countdown timer with the "alarm" being Sleep iPod. Then you can start playing music and it will gracefully fade out and turn off the music after the period of time has elapsed.

Oakbridge
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I thought from the post, you were looking for an actual alarm clock that would dock your iPhone. I bought my gf the iHome model iP9 (http://www.ihomeaudio.com/iP9). Works great and now she doesn't have to remember to charge her iPhone, it charges while she sleeps.

As for applications, I just use the built-in Alarm that is part of Clock.

l84toff
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Another vote for the built in version on the iPhone. It works great for me. Just remember to turn on airplane mode to avoid being woken up by email sounds and middle of the night phone calls from friends asking what your up to. It also shuts off the brain fryer while its laying next to your phone while your sleeping.

Carter
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Ok, I feel stupid. For some reason I did not even think of the default Clock that comes standard on the iPhone as an alarm clock. :rolleyes:

Just set an alarm to wake up tomorrow. Hopefully it works. I have two other apps installed which have yet to ever work. Not sure why but removing them now and will try the stock clock/alarm app.

Tks !!

monokitty
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:37 PM
+10; for the built-in alarm clock - I use it and it works fine.

MomentsofSanity
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Another vote for the built in!

Just make sure you have the ringer volume up when you go to sleep as that will affect the volume of the alarm. You can switch it over to vibrate after but that is the only time the clock hasn't got me out of bed.

rgray
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:10 PM
+ whatever we are up to +1 for the built in............

Veej
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:39 PM
You are trying to re-invent the wheel....built in is clock is king