: Sendstation resellers

zarquon
Oct 13th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I'm trying to find a place in Toronto that sells the Sendstation Pocket Dock products. Their website only lists iSkin's web store as the Canadian reseller. ( iSkin's web store makes no mention of the stuff at all). The usual suspects don't seem to carry them ( anymore). Anyone have a source for these, with out tempting the wrath of the customs dept.?

Thanks

Z.

digitddog
Oct 15th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I'm looking for the same adapter, but no luck domestically. I wonder if the scarcity isn't intentional on the part of Sendstation. I haven't done all the research, but it appears that the pin configuration on the iPod dock (or something related) has changed. It's common knowledge that old third-party rechargers won't work with newer iPods. And there also appears to have been some change in firmware 3.0 that's adding to the problem. Maybe Sendstation is trying to get its products up to the new standard.

A lot of Amazon and eBay sellers who provide LOD adapters with AV cables or audio-out cables are now very clear to state exactly which iPod models and which firmware updates their products will work with. And even then, it appears there are a lot of unhappy customers.

Just a PITA when all I want is a clean line-out signal to pump to my stereo.:mad: