: Problems waking up my Leopard

tdogg
Oct 11th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I have had this problem since I got my computer. I bought my first mac just when Leopard was released. Ever since then, when my computer goes into sleep mode (not every time, I might add) it freezes. In the beginning it did this weird "matrix" like scrolling, and now it does a "pinky" hue and the whole computer is frozen so I have to restart it.

H-E-L-P! Anyone know how I can fix this?

chas_m
Oct 12th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Create a new, "clean," admin-level user account, the reboot the machine and log in using that account.

Does the issue still occur? If not, there's something wrong with your original user account, and we can try a few things frm there.

If the problem persists, then it's something either hardware or system-related. The first thing to do is a complete backup, then try a clean install. If that doesn't clear it up I'd suggest a visit to a tech for possible graphics card issues -- particularly if the computer we are talking about is an iBook.

eMacMan
Oct 12th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Create a new, "clean," admin-level user account, the reboot the machine and log in using that account.

Does the issue still occur? If not, there's something wrong with your original user account, and we can try a few things frm there.

If the problem persists, then it's something either hardware or system-related. The first thing to do is a complete backup, then try a clean install. If that doesn't clear it up I'd suggest a visit to a tech for possible graphics card issues -- particularly if the computer we are talking about is an iBook.

Sure you don't mean MacBook?

Sleep issues seem to crop up periodically on the Mac Platform (continuously with Windoze). Still I have wasted a lot of time checking software only to discover that the issue is caused by the Hardware.

Start by removing all peripherals. If you are using bluetooth KB & mouse go back to USB. If problems persist then go on to Chas_m's suggestions.