: Syncing with a new macbook.

Ekasra
Sep 25th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Like I said yesterday, I did get a macbook recently. Using Itunes's new feature to transfer music from any other computer on the network, there wasn't much problems at all in terms of music. But what that does bother me is that I do want to sync my iphone to my macbook and get it working as my primary syncing device and be able to manage the music and applications on it, as opposed to this PC that I'm beginning to phase out of my life.

What is the easiest way to sync all the contacts, applications and all that good stuff onto the new macbook without losing them all and starting from scratch? I did try looking for my backup, but I can't seem to find it either.

mkolesa
Sep 25th, 2009, 06:37 PM
sorry pardner but it isn't clear what you're trying to do here!

you moved your itunes library from a PC to a new macbook, right? but it's unclear what info you have in the iphone and what it was syncing to previously (and don't say it was syncing to a PC lol!)

Snowy
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:56 PM
You have to decide and stick with one or the other as your primary sync for your iPhone.
Sounds like you want your new MBP to be the primary. You shouldn't jump back and forth between the PC and MBP.

Syncing everything but your iTunes should be very simple just hook up to the MBP and sync.
Getting your iTunes from a PC to your MBP, I'm sure someone else can chime in here.