: iPhone original and 3.1 updates?

JVRudnick
Sep 25th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hello all.
own an original (for 2 years now) iPhone, running 2.1 and jailbroken and with a few apps from Cydia and iTunes store too.

however, I want to know, if I update to the latest firmware, ie I think that it's 3.1, the iPhone will revert I know to be "un-jailbroken" etc....and I suspect that I'd lose any/all Cydia apps.

dont have a problem with that, IF there is a current jailbreaking app out there to "re-jailbreak" my iPhone....

is there? and a pointer to same please or to a tutorial....

oh, why? I'm in love with an app that requires 3.1, and for that reason alone, I'd update the firmware....but want to know about then jailbreaking the iPhone?

Jim

whatiwant
Sep 25th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Hello all.
own an original (for 2 years now) iPhone, running 2.1 and jailbroken and with a few apps from Cydia and iTunes store too.

however, I want to know, if I update to the latest firmware, ie I think that it's 3.1, the iPhone will revert I know to be "un-jailbroken" etc....and I suspect that I'd lose any/all Cydia apps.

dont have a problem with that, IF there is a current jailbreaking app out there to "re-jailbreak" my iPhone....

is there? and a pointer to same please or to a tutorial....

oh, why? I'm in love with an app that requires 3.1, and for that reason alone, I'd update the firmware....but want to know about then jailbreaking the iPhone?

Jim
You should simply be able to press the update button and have it remain activated and unlocked as the baseband does not get updated with the 2G. However if you want to jailbreak in order to install 3rd party cydia apps, then you should look at this tutorial:
iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1 Using PwnageTool (Mac) (http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4255)