: Mighty Mouse won't install

john346
Sep 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Hey guys,

I tried searching the web for a solution but couldn't find anything. I just bought a Wireless Mighty Mouse and once I try to install and get to the "Select a Destination" step, it says "Mighty mouse can't be installed on this disk. A newer version of this software already exists on this disk." So, what I'm wondering is what to do and how I can install the mouse.

Thanks in advance! :)

Manatus
Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
You don't need to "install" mighty mouse from what I recall, you just need to set it up with bluetooth. Go to System Preferences>Bluetooth and click the + button to set up a new device.

IllusionX
Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:15 PM
the wireless mighty mouse does not even come with an installation disk. just "add a device" on the bluetooth menu.

monokitty
Sep 23rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
the wireless mighty mouse does not even come with an installation disk. just "add a device" on the bluetooth menu.

I think it does come with a disc, but there's zero reasons to use it.

You will need an existing, functioning mouse to setup any Bluetooth mouse, the Mighty Mouse included.

Bluetooth icon the menu bar (left of the clock) > "Set up Bluetooth Device..."

IllusionX
Sep 24th, 2009, 10:37 AM
you don't, if the mac does not detect input device, it should automatically pop up (unless you tell it not to) the bluetooth assistant and connect mouse and/or keyboard. That's how it worked on the mini anyhow.