: Fresh Install Snow Leopard

MikoMew
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I have a question if I were to Fresh Install Snow Leopard how would I do it and if i did a time machine backup before I install can i used the backup and restore my files?

Carter
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:27 PM
With Snow Leopard you will need to go to "Utilities" in the menubar and use "Disk Utility" to erase the HD to allow for a full erase/install of Snow Leopard. By default Snow Leopard will do an upgrade.

As for TM, you will be prompted after install if you want to use a TM backup.

Can someone confirm that there is no option for "Erase/Install" in the regular setup with Snow Leopard & that using Disk Utility is the only option?

I have done way too many installs of Leopard this week and only a handful of SL installs so can't remember right now :)

monokitty
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Can someone confirm that there is no option for "Erase/Install" in the regular setup with Snow Leopard & that using Disk Utility is the only option?

Confirmed.

And why does this matter, again?

Carter
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:49 PM
For someone who wants to do an Erase/Install just makes it a bit easier rather than having to open "DIsk Utility" to just be able to select the option in the setup like previous versions. They are pushing upgrades more over Erase/Install. I don't care what options there are as I will never do an upgrade and only do Erase/Install.

MikoMew
Sep 18th, 2009, 07:58 AM
oh okay thanks dude~ =]