: USPS Tracking Glitch? Scam?

Quicksilver G4
Sep 17th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Well, to make a long story short, I purchased a Nokia 9000il phone (don't ask why :P) on September 9th, paid via PayPal and it was shipped the next day. It was supposed to be via Priority Mail (don't even care if it's First Class), but here's the problem. When I go to track it, it shows the item is a letter and is still under Acceptance. I understand USPS is slow to update, but the fact it's showing up as a letter is bugging me.

EDIT: Letter may also represent a large envelope, but being the item it is I'd doubt it would be shipped that way. I'll ask the seller about it.

Is this a glitch or is it actually a letter? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

Your item was accepted at 3:34 PM on September 10, 2009 in WINSTON SALEM, NC *****. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

simon
Sep 17th, 2009, 07:02 PM
There is no tracking on First-Class Mail - it's not a trackable shipping method

Well, to make a long story short, I purchased a Nokia 9000il phone (don't ask why :P) on September 9th, paid via PayPal and it was shipped the next day. It was supposed to be via Priority Mail (don't even care if it's First Class), but here's the problem. When I go to track it, it shows the item is a letter and is still under Acceptance. I understand USPS is slow to update, but the fact it's showing up as a letter is bugging me.

EDIT: Letter may also represent a large envelope, but being the item it is I'd doubt it would be shipped that way. I'll ask the seller about it.

Is this a glitch or is it actually a letter? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

Your item was accepted at 3:34 PM on September 10, 2009 in WINSTON SALEM, NC *****. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Quicksilver G4
Sep 17th, 2009, 07:09 PM
There is no tracking on First-Class Mail - it's not a trackable shipping method

I understand that part of it-but should it be a letter? If it's one of those big envelopes, will that show up as a letter?

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it's supposed to show up as that.