: Darwin Awards candidates

MazterCBlazter
Sep 14th, 2009, 01:23 PM

Dr.G.
Sep 14th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Good one, MCB. I am still waiting for my Pullet Surprise. Paix, mon ami.

mrjimmy
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Just wear a helmet...

Bare-headed biker dies in protest against motorcycle helmets - thestar.com (http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1018983--bare-headed-biker-dies-in-protest-against-motorcycle-helmets?bn=1)

John Clay
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Just wear a helmet...

Bare-headed biker dies in protest against motorcycle helmets - thestar.com (http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1018983--bare-headed-biker-dies-in-protest-against-motorcycle-helmets?bn=1)

Why? We need more organ donors :)

Macfury
Jul 4th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Only people who die can qualify for the Darwin Awards--by removing themselves from the gene pool. The rest are merely stupid.

mrjimmy
Jul 4th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Only people who die can qualify for the Darwin Awards--by removing themselves from the gene pool. The rest are merely stupid.

Not sure of your point...

groovetube
Jul 4th, 2011, 01:07 PM
wondered the same thing :)

but, saw this yesterday, perhaps he's one of the "I hate the nanny state" crowd so needed to really show his freedom.

All the way to St. Peter's gates that is...

Macfury
Jul 4th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Not sure of your point...

The original purpose of the (Charles) Darwin Awards was to exemplify "survival of the fittest." The stupid were removing themselves from the gene pool by killing themselves in stupid ways. Recently the term has been applied to mere stupidity, not just stupidity resulting in death.

mrjimmy
Jul 4th, 2011, 01:11 PM
The original purpose of the (Charles) Darwin Awards was to exemplify "survival of the fittest." The stupid were removing themselves from the gene pool by killing themselves in stupid ways. Recently the term has been applied to mere stupidity, not just stupidity resulting in death.

Hmm, well the link I posted was stupidity resulting in death. So like I said...

rgray
Jul 4th, 2011, 01:18 PM

As they say, stupid is the only crime. One for which there is no cure save death.

Macfury
Jul 4th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Hmm, well the link I posted was stupidity resulting in death. So like I said...

Referring to the original link.

mrjimmy
Jul 4th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Referring to the original link.

I felt this item could fit nicely into an existing thread and this one's title was the most generic of the Darwin Award types.

Macfury
Jul 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I felt this item could fit nicely into an existing thread and this one's title was the most generic of the Darwin Award types.

Yes, it does. In the OP's link, nobody died.

ertman
Jul 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM

Maybe unfortunately, many of the winners/qualifiers have already passed on their genes.

Macfury
Jul 4th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Maybe unfortunately, many of the winners/qualifiers have already passed on their genes.

Sadly, this is possible, But they will never do so again.

hayesk
Jul 4th, 2011, 03:50 PM

You have to die before having children at that.

Also, if you injure yourself resulting in the inability to reproduce, but otherwise survive, you still qualify.

macintosh doctor
Jul 4th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Just wear a helmet...

why? we are strengthening the human race with better genes this way. - LOL

BigDL
Jul 4th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Yes, it does. In the OP's link, nobody died.The OP's post the story wasn't about stupidity either, the story was about pathos.

Lawrence
Jul 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM

Maybe he'll get knifed in the shower while in prison, Would that make it a Darwin award?
I mean really, Policing threads? What next? At least provide links and explain yourself.
This complacent attitude sucks.