: Bill gates rules quebec! !!! i-HATE IT

Mycatisbigfoot
Sep 6th, 2009, 01:24 AM
When I moved to quebec, i thought i was going to a good school that only used mac's. and that everyone likes them. Including teachers and net work admins and even the students, So when i went in to my first day, I thought bring in my mac formated mem stick so If i went to the computer lab i could save some stuff. well we went to the pc lab. and my stick would not work, windows said nothing. I could not figure out how to format the thing, as i had no server password, and still do not, U asked some one where is the mac lab, and they told me " its over one the other side of the school," so i thought suck it back till next time and then ask if we are going to mac lab, and every one start to make fun of me as i asked if we were going to the mac lab, well so the teacher told them to shut up and we went to the mac lab......

All of the poor emac have had a bad life, they have no spekers they have be goused out, they dvd\cd tray doors ( with the apple logo) are gone and they 10.4 install is so bad its not funny, I almost cryed at the site, as thoes computer, it was very sad, the computer are not even 10 years old yet, they are the 2005 emacs.

But a few weeks later I found out the school had ibooks, and thought cool, as we were going to do a power point on them. ( with microsoft office 2001) ok no problem but who do you use office? I have been on the iwork train and they have no sport of computer runing 10.2 and os 9 apps, that was another kick in the rear, but i go open the laptop and i see the command option controol fn and the **** keys gone, I almost broke down there,

but what was cool i got a few imacs and a printer and power mac and some cables and what not, but i have loads and loads of keybords with theyre keys mesed up!,

at this point i am feeling like to puke, '

As well they know i use a computer that is older then them and they say i should get a windows vista or something stupid like that, I love my old mac;s I rather use a 128k mac then a windows xp,vista,7 and the new new new new new new new mS system comming out after 7

No one does not see that macs do run that windoes crap know, does it not?

I just had some kid stole my note book (not a computer just notes) and i hade home work in there,

I hate being made fun of, because I use a computer that works!

and another kid told me that "Steve jobs is not as cool as bill fag gats because he is not rich"
I told that widlozer, " well my house looks nice with my macs , as they has some one thought of what a computer of the comming generation should look like,"

Also I showed my art teacher a imac g3 and she thinks it looks cool, and she uses photo shop on a windows computer and hates it,

But I have found heaven in my school. A few mac nerds like me, but they keep there macs a secret. Well except one as he has some call of duty game on his mpb, but my good teacher apple user. has been on the apple wagon since 1984! and he has a flower mac, and has use that since it came out, and is going to give it to me,!
Ok so what i am asking, have you had any hard times becuase you use a mac. or a linux computer?

also is my English getting better?
also if i can i will try to get a picture of the emacs for you guys

KC4
Sep 6th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Hang in there MCIBF!

I think most computer labs at schools are half trashed from heavy use and sometimes abuse. Hope you can find a mac that will work for you - if you can't use your own there.

The only hard times I experience due to using a Mac is that some (especially financial based) websites are not OS X or Safari friendly.....that can be a hassle. Otherwise using a Mac is Cool!

Your English is not perfect but I understood what messages you are trying to convey. :clap:Have a good year in school!

Mycatisbigfoot
Sep 6th, 2009, 01:51 AM
I love being a mac user, but just no one sees that there is other operating systems beside windows, and there is, I have been at the school for one year this is my second, I was just talking about my first year,

For me to be higher is in the socal ladder i have to be a pc user, and play pc games that use ie5 or ie6 but i am going to bed as i am beat

hey does any one know if they are dilvering the mail on monday?

chas_m
Sep 6th, 2009, 04:06 AM
So when i went in to my first day, I thought bring in my mac formated mem stick so If i went to the computer lab i could save some stuff. well we went to the pc lab. and my stick would not work

I always leave my thumb drives formatted FAT32 (which is usually the way they come) for exactly this reason: works with everything.

But a few weeks later I found out the school had ibooks, and thought cool, as we were going to do a power point on them. ( with microsoft office 2001) ok no problem but who do you use office?

The world is changing at an incredible pace compared to when I was in school, and programs (even very popular ones) that are in use today are NOT guaranteed to be what everyone's using 5-10-15 years from now. It's perfectly okay for a school to teach Powerpoint etc as a general concept (ie "here is how we make slideshows") but to imagine that 20 years from now we'll still be using PP in the same ways we do now? Ridiculous. It's far more important for you to comprehend the underlying principles of slideshows (ie how to communicate using different styles to get the point across) than it is for you to "master" a specific program (even Keynote -- just imagine how different it will be in 10 years!!).

but what was cool i got a few imacs and a printer and power mac and some cables and what not, but i have loads and loads of keybords with theyre keys mesed up!,

Students are hard on all computers, but it seems to me they are particularly hard on Macs because Macs are beautiful. Spoilers are more attracted to ruin beautiful things than things that are already ugly. :)

and another kid told me that "Steve jobs is not as cool as bill fag gats because he is not rich"

1. Steve is a billionaire. He may not be AS rich as Bill Gates, but he is most definitely rich. :)

2. Without the Two Steves (Jobs and Wozniak) there wouldn't BE a Bill Gates. Microsoft was originally (and still is) a Mac developer -- Word and Excel were on Macs YEARS before they appeared on PCs.

If that doesn't work, just show him this:
Uau0aIbrzkQ

Ok so what i am asking, have you had any hard times becuase you use a mac. or a linux computer?

A few times, but mostly they notice how much more work I get done and how rarely I have any problems. It takes a long time for them to notice, but eventually they figure it out. :)

For me to be higher is in the socal ladder i have to be a pc user

Well, personally I prefer consoles like the Wii/XBox/PS3 for games, computers to me are a way to make money not waste time. But yes, PC gamers do and probably always will have an advantage in that ONE area.

hey does any one know if they are dilvering the mail on monday?

They're definitely not doing so here in BC, I assume it's nationwide.

The G3 Man
Sep 6th, 2009, 09:29 AM
:(

Sounds like my school mac-wise. Although last year when they where going to toss the eMacs i got permission to use them for the mac club i started in G9. They where awful. Every keyboard was messed up. Missing keys, having the keys swapped, and so on. Luckily the teacher had pulled off all of the drive doors after noticing someone ripping one off. The screens where dirty, one being scratched. These are also 1.25/1.42s from 2005! I was able to clean all but one up (Mr. Scratched Screen.) Second, MCIBF YES!!!! THE BOARD IMAGE IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS WORSE THEN GARBAGE! ITS ABSOLUTE S***!!!!!!!!! I wiped them and loaded Leopard. Also they where running Panther although they clearly came with tiger (all the original discs where kept)
Not to mention 256mb ram, (which i upgraded from the 2002 dells they where tossing. They now have 1GB. I am constantly told by some of the teachers to get a pc. Or.... Your Laptop's to old and slow, get a new one. (they never have used my laptop, all they have seen me do is Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and Photoshop. -It does these tasks seemlessly) Most students absolutely LOATHE macs because they cant handle the awesomeness of them ;).

The G3 Man
Sep 6th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Btw, Your English is getting quite a lot better.

btw they like Bill Gates cuz he has more money then brains like them! :D

Morgan

Mycatisbigfoot
Sep 6th, 2009, 12:54 PM
the g3 man is right I am going to ask my principle to make a mac group, I know there is late buses, so i think that would work I know a few mac teachers that want to clean up the mac lab and the ibooks, and some teachers are still using lc's ( the old old world macs), Hey G3 man what province are you in? Just asking.

Also I do like having me 8Gb mem stick as fat 32 because i can not have files over 4 gbs on it, so i have it as hfs+ and i like it like that,

I am going to be geting a power mac g4 from some freinds and what not, so i can host a web server,

But i feel much better know,

Just i am sick of people prasing pc and hating mac's

also the pc lab in my school is from 1998 and the computer are not trashed one bit, the are so slow tho, its better to use a 128k :lmao:

So I think i am good for another year of school know, well lets hope i can get the macs at my school running better, and most kids make the screens negative, ( black on white) and they think the mac is broken,

So i have hope for the macs at my school know, but I am geting them all when i graduate, every singal one, even the ibooks and that about 150 ibooks, and any other clasic macs

The G3 Man
Sep 6th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Im in Ontario! Toronto.

Add my iChat if you need a hand and some pointers!

[email protected]

Mycatisbigfoot
Sep 6th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Im in Ontario! Toronto.

Add my iChat if you need a hand and some pointers!

[email protected]

I never ever use i chat, but I am going to go to the principle at my school and ask if there could be a after school mac club\repair or something like that but i am going to do my English home work right know so later guys

Amiga2000HD
Sep 7th, 2009, 11:37 AM
When I was in middle school (the school only had grades 7 and 8), most of the classrooms had a pair of Burroughs Icon computers that were networked to a large classroom in the basement that had about 30 Icons in it and a pair of Lexicon servers. The computers in the back of the classrooms upstairs never seemed to be mistreated, at least nowhere near as much as the ones in the computer sciences room in the basement. In that room, teachers would have to duck for cover while kids were throwing those massive trackballs around along with key tops mixed in. I remember one day this was going on, the teacher responsible for maintaining the lab was brought in after the ruckus was stopped and he was yelling at the class that each key top costed $1 from Unisis for replacements. So kids being hard on computers isn't new...

The library has a pair of early Power PC Macs that were pretty high end multimedia machines for the time, complete with external caddy loading CD-ROM drives. They were always in excellent shape because they were very closely supervised by the librarian.

I guess that wiuldve been fall 93 to spring 95 that I was a student there just to put the time of these computer systems in perspective.

Kaiu
Sep 7th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I've never experienced abuse from using Mac lol.... Only gripe is all the best games *I Like at least* are Windows only T.T

Anyhow, I like both Windows and Mac OS, it's just a matter on what you are using it for, and when you tell people that, they usually understand or won't say anything bad about it.... And everyone thinks a Mac looks cool anyways...