: Oops....

Niteshooter
Aug 28th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Weather supercomputer used to predict climate change is one of Britain's worst polluters | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1209430/Weather-supercomputer-used-predict-climate-change-Britains-worst-polluters.html)

BigDL
Aug 29th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I,m sorry but I failed to understand other than the title of the article how the computer emits carbon compounds.

eMacMan
Aug 29th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I,m sorry but I failed to understand other than the title of the article how the computer emits carbon compounds.

1.2 Mega Watts is enough to power a small town. All this to help the Al Gore Gang make Mega Bucks brokering carbon credits.

A sane environmental approach; First rid the world of man made poisons then as money and time allow go after CO2.

A good start on the latter is to eliminate clear cut logging. Log what is needed and leave seed stock alone. It is absolutely insane to clear cut forests that are 60% fir and spruce to try and control pine beetles.

MazterCBlazter
Nov 9th, 2009, 03:05 PM

MannyP Design
Nov 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Assuming the power comes from coal and gas power plants alone... what if it came from hydro/solar/wind stations? What then? :rolleyes:

MazterCBlazter
Nov 10th, 2009, 08:19 PM