: NASA night launch

MacDoc
Aug 25th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Might be going off - rare night launch...

40% chance of launch but given the clouds might be spectacular

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269/macdoc/Picture42-2.jpg

Due to launch 1.36 am EST

Ottawaman
Aug 25th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Scrubbed:CNN:mad:

chas_m
Aug 25th, 2009, 10:52 AM
One of the very few things I miss about Florida was being able to see the shuttle launches. People all over the state, whatever they were doing, would stop and watch the skies when they heard that the shuttle had actually launched, particularly at night. Always spectacular, even when on one occasion it turned to disaster for those of us watching.

EvanPitts
Aug 25th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Has a Shuttle ever launched on schedule? It's like Air Canada or GO Transit is running the Kennedy Space Center or something...

Kosh
Aug 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Has a Shuttle ever launched on schedule? It's like Air Canada or GO Transit is running the Kennedy Space Center or something...

wtf! It has nothing to do with the staff. It has to do with the weather conditions and whether the shuttle or launch equipment develops a mechanical failure. Most of the time, though it's the weather conditions. Why would you blame staff?

MannyP Design
Aug 5th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Huh? I think the best before date on this thread is way past due.

Kosh
Aug 5th, 2011, 12:41 PM
And , I really shouldn't reply to thread I get into that are in the related thread area.

I came to this one via the Juno Launch one... this one was below in the related threads... read and it's like wtf... but I shoulda looked at the date first.

Macfury
Aug 5th, 2011, 12:54 PM
With the Shuttle program done and over with it's a bit of a moot point.

Hey, what the hell is up with the delayed Juno launch????!!!!