: Foam products

MacDoc
Aug 10th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Looking for a couple slabs of closed cell rigid foam ( will not absorb water ) 4'x4' by maybe 6" thick

Any idea where to find in Ontario???

There is such a wide range of products that it's hard to sort out on google - thought maybe someone would know a source or at least the correct name of the stuff.

It needs to be flexible a bit but have some stiffness and not subject to breaking and not absorb water at all.
( it's for a hot tub cover )

I've handled the stuff I want but damned if I can figure out the mess of foam products available.... :(

TIA

sharonmac09
Aug 10th, 2009, 03:08 PM
HI MD!

This is a Bullfrog spa dealer in Peterborough and here's the link.

Hot Tub Dealer Locator - Bullfrog Spas and Hot Tubs (http://www.bullfrogspas.com/pages/locate-dealer.asp)

I hope this dealership has what you are looking for.

MacDoc
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I'm looking for foam slabs - dealers want north of $400 for a new top....not worth it.

eMacMan
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:58 PM
That size structural foam would cost you about $50-60 and require gluing 4-2'x4'x2" pieces together. Since closed cell could easily be double the cost of structural foam do not expect to get out under $100. You could go with the structural foam as long as it had a moisture barrier although it really does not absorb nearly as much moisture as straight styro foam.

MacDoc
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Still better than $400 and no water logging....got a source??
In theory I could slip two slabs inside my existing cover cover :confused: ;)

eMacMan
Aug 11th, 2009, 01:10 AM
The pink or blue structural foam is available in 2"x2'x8' sheets from any building supply dealer. Not sure about true closed cell tuff. Maybe contact Jackson or Dagger or other Kayak manufacturers, they get it somewhere.

If you want to use the structural foam be careful of the adhesive you select to put it all together. Some construction adhesives will melt right through.

brookeandy
Aug 27th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Nice thread about spa dealers .

groovetube
Aug 27th, 2013, 06:59 AM
what's with all the old threads being booted back up?

Kosh
Aug 27th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Apparently brookeandy decided to resurrect some dead threads. Not sure why.

Maybe he's into Zombies... the walking dead threads.

Macfury
Aug 27th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Spa spam.

skippythebushkangaroo
Aug 27th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Hey I'm a lookin for a hot tub. Know any that are silent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kelman
Aug 27th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Hey I'm a lookin for a hot tub. Know any that are silent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

they all are, just don't turn it on.