: iMac 20" arrived!

MacGenius
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Just picked it up today and its VERY nice.

Downgraded from a Dual 2Ghz G5 and I'm very happy, suits me better. Apple has a fantastic value with the new iMacs, now if we could only get the product in a timely fashion.

mikelr
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Congrats!!!

Must...buy...imac...now!

beatsjunkie
Nov 12th, 2004, 09:12 AM
MacGenius: I gotta have more cowbell!

I'm loving the iMac G5, such a fantastic machine to find one you just need to look around for dealers that preordered. Check Mac Outpost in London, I got mine from them a month or a month and a half ago.

mactrombone
Nov 12th, 2004, 09:13 AM
I will be picking mine up in a couple of weeks from First Avenue in Waterloo. I was at Compusmart in Toronto last night and got to play on the 20" imac in the store for about 20 minutes or so...suwwweeeet!

I notice you're in St. George, I'm in Cambridge with family in Brantford. Where did you end up getting yours from?

gastonbuffet
Nov 12th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Congratulations!

I have one too, and so far , it ' s great. There are, however, with mine, a couple of small issues.
1) bluetooth: sometimes the computer wakes up from the sleep mode, because it has lost connection with the mouse, or keyboard. switch them off, on, nothing. The other day i had to bring a usb mouse from elsewhere to restart the mac( i had no mouse nor keyboard), and once it did, everything was ok.
last week Apple sent me a bluetooth update,and so far, i've lost connection, but a off on switch seems to work. But still, this bluetooth thing is a little annoying.
2) Noises: Unlike some owners, my imac has been dead silent. However, in the last 3 days, sometimes it starts making a really small squeaky noise, like one of the fans needed to be oiled or greased!! But again, that noise is almost non-existant.
But some people in apple discussions seem to have a real problem with the noise. One ehmacer had to send back 3 machines because of the noise( :(

But apart from that, this is an awesome machine.

Now i'm saving to put 2 gigs in there, currently 1 512kb stick.

Congrats again!