: Thanks Apple Canada!!!

Flipstar
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Just a little something I received a couple weeks ago.. and I answered the skill-testing question correctly today!! :D

--

________,

Congratulations!

I'm writing to inform you that your name was selected in our "Win iLife and a Digital Camera" contest.

To claim your prize (a copy of the iLife Suite and a Canon PowerShot S410 Digital ELPH camera, approximate retail value $584), you will first need to answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question. Please email me your phone number and a convenient time you'd like me to call during the remainder of this weekówe can take care of this in a few minutes.

If you are successful in answering the question, we can then make arrangements for delivery of your prize.

Again, congratulations; I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Apple Canada Inc.
7495 Birchmount Road
Markham, ON L3R 5G2

RicktheChemist
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:46 PM

usedmac
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Thats Excellent!!

mikelr
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Nice! smile.gif

gastonbuffet
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:37 PM
applause!!

is it possible (and legal) for you to tell us the question?
just curious.

Pelao
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Outstanding. Great camera.

agent4321
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Sweet! :D

Flipstar
Nov 10th, 2004, 09:11 AM
applause!!

is it possible (and legal) for you to tell us the question?
just curious.
Good question. I'm not sure if it has any legal outcomes.. I'm thinking it doesn't but I'll tell you that it was pretty easy.. all you had to do was do the division and multiplication within the brackets first then add and subtract away!

From my experience with skill-testing questions, they're mostly done left to right without doing BEDMAS or PEDMAS or whatever you want to call it.
I noticed that skill-testing questions are for the uneducated.

BTW: Thanks everyone!!

mojoprofilms
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:08 AM
How do they know it is unaided anyway...just keep a calculator next to the phone...

used to be jwoodget
Nov 10th, 2004, 01:56 PM
The skill testing question is just to prevent dogs*, cats and the cabinet of George W. Bush from winning. smile.gif

*Doxies excepted.

Bjornbro
Nov 11th, 2004, 01:56 PM
The skill testing question is just to prevent dogs*, cats and the cabinet of George W. Bush from winning.Actually, I thought it was to distinguish something "earned" rather from gambling (and to avoid all the legal red tape associated with games of chance). Am I wrong?

How did you find out about this contest? I thought I was up with all things (Canadian) Apple, but somehow this slipped under my radar.