: Where'd the OS X 10.3 opening montage go?

iKV
Nov 8th, 2004, 03:50 AM
I remember when I first got my Mac, there was this opening montage / animation with the word "hello" or "welcome" or something like that in about a gazillion languages. Where'd it go? Is there any way to access and incorporate it as a screen saver, etc.?

simon
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:01 AM
That only happens once after the initial install of the OS X software (fresh installs on a new drive - reinstalls and upgrades don't count).

That's a pretty long intro - I'm sure you would be income impatient or bored with it real fast.

monokitty
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:01 AM
That only appears when you do an "Erase and Install" of Mac OS X - and never again comes back (it's for the registration process). Not sure if there's any way to incorporate as a screensaver or anything, though.

Edit - Simon JUST beat me to it. :D

.tony
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:07 AM
They're right, it disappears after you run it. There's a script that runs in the background the trashes that introduction, and a second script that runs in the background until there's an active internet connection to send your registration (if it fails during the introduction).

.:. tony

VertiGoGo
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:01 PM
That's not entirely true. I stumbled upon it by accident about a year ago and thought it was neat to see again.

I'll see if I can recreate the incident and then post here.