: New books & pods

Richard O
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:12 PM
If Apple came out with a 13.5" widescreen laptop, and/or an ipod with an FM tuner; I would snap them up right away!
How about the rest of you?

khummsein
Nov 7th, 2004, 09:10 PM
i'd rather they go smaller with the ibook -- 10" widescreen maybe?

and i dunno, my 3g ipod is pretty perfect the way it is smile.gif third party fm tuner might be ok though

just my opinion, mkay?

Chealion
Nov 8th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Personally I live my 12" Powerbook (aside the recent hard drive problems).

However, I for one love the iPod not having an FM Tuner. I can't find anything worth listening on the FM band that I don't already have, not to mention my iPod has a lack of commercials.

Pelao
Nov 8th, 2004, 09:25 AM
My 15" PB is the perfect balance for me. When I am away from my second monitor I appreciate being able to move docs around. I find the weight perfectly acceptable.

However, I can see how some would see a 13-14" PB being more portable.

I would not want an iPod with FM. I don't like piles of ads punctuated with occasional bouts of music, most of which is not to my taste.

moonsocket
Nov 8th, 2004, 09:30 AM
I would like to see an ibook or powerbook with a 10" screen. I think sony has a nice laptop with a small screen.

As for an ipod with FM tuner, no way. The only thing worth listening to on the radio is CBC so an FM tuner wouldn't be practical for me smile.gif

ice_hackey
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Because I have an iPod, I don't need to listen to the radio.

That's just my $0.02

kingston_mark
Nov 8th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I am suprised that there is not many people wanting Apple to make a subnotebook.

If they came out with a 3 pound 12'' laptop, I would be all over it in a second!

Pelao
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:05 PM
The challenge with many of the sub-notebooks is that they are just that - sub. Most users need an optical drive sooner or later. With many of these models such things are added externally, so you end up carrying it around anyway.

the current 12" PB is fantastic for travellers - fully featured yet small and light. No bits to add.

sinjin
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:16 PM
I'm a radio freak. Love it. Love my iPod, too. But am in no way convinced that a radio receiver on an iPod would be worthwhile. A few might be into it, but as is evident when the topic comes up, most people see their iPod as a way to avoid radio.

I use my iPod as a way to make radio better. I "time-shift" radio content onto my iPod so that the shows I want to hear are there when I get a chance to listen. Like I said, freak. tongue.gif

ice_hackey
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:30 PM
I also don't like "all-in-wonder" type devices. I just want an MP3 player that works really really well. I don't want a ton of less-than-perfect features.. I don't want all the clutter on the UI.. I don't want to pay the price for R&D... I don't want the added bulk or weight of more hardware that I won't enjoy.

Sub-notebooks? Ick. Eeeew. Gross. graemlins/ptptptptptpt.gif