: MacUpdate Promo bundle deal!

chas_m
May 28th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with MacUpdate or MUPromo, nor am I getting *anything* by mentioning this. I have bought bundles from MUPromo before and it's a great deal and I just want to pass this on. It's NOT an "affiliate link" or any of that nonsense.

MacUpdate is doing a bundle sale on some great software, including full retail copies of TechTool Pro 5 and Parallels 4, in total worth over $500 and their price is a mere $50.

I have about half of these items already so I'm not actually sure I'm going to buy this time (!), but for those of you who complain that you missed a great deal, I'm telling you about this right at the very START. For the next 15 days, you can pick up 11 apps (13 if you are among the first 15,000 buyers) for $50, and IMHO just TechTool Pro alone is worth that.

Go to the website yourself (MacUpdate Promo Spring Bundle - A Great Bundle at a Great Price. (http://mupromo.com)) to see all 11 apps. If you think there are more than two that you would actually use, I think you'll agree this is a great deal.

Again, I get nothing from this, and the link above is NOT an affiliate link. I just love shareware, and especially bargain-priced shareware, and wanted to let you know. Check it out.

Irie Guy
May 28th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I think this bundle is a great deal. Going to pick it up for Parallels and TechTool. Some might even consider this a better bundle that the previous MacHeist.

ertman
May 28th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Ya, it looks pretty good.

however, some users here on ehmac do not seem to think techtool is any good.

I was wondering if there if anyone else has anything positive to say?

ehMax
May 28th, 2009, 09:44 AM
The Mac Update bundles are always pretty darn cool and a cool deal on some great apps. Even if there are one or two you don't like, its still a good deal.

ScanMan
May 28th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I've used TechTool off and on over the years and was tempted by this bundle to get back on board. Some of these comments are a bit iffy, tho.

MacUpdate: TechTool Pro Reviews (http://www.macupdate.com/reviews.php?id=4307)

a7mc
May 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Not going to use Techtool, and I switched to VMware Fusion about 6 months ago... I wonder if Parallels 4 can sway me back. I was planning on buying Moneywell anyway, so basically, it's like getting the rest for free... hmmm... might jump on this.

A7

darkscot
May 28th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Anyone know how well Moneywell plays with Cdn banks? specifically CIBC and Scotia?

MACinist
May 28th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I've used TechTool off and on over the years and was tempted by this bundle to get back on board. Some of these comments are a bit iffy, tho.

MacUpdate: TechTool Pro Reviews (http://www.macupdate.com/reviews.php?id=4307)

Some say it's a patch rather then the full program?

ScanMan
May 28th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Some say it's a patch rather then the full program?

Yeah, I don't quite know what to make of those first few "reviews".

After growing old waiting for AlSoft to update DiskExpress (remember that one?), I went to TechTool a few years ago mainly for the defrag ability. Now I think I'll just pick up iDefrag if I start getting that cludged up feeling.

This offering does include some nice picks, tho, like MoneyWell and another I find interesting - Posterino. Could be worthwhile just for the pair.

ehMax
May 29th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Disk utilities are so 90's to me. :)

ssk
May 29th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Meh, the only intriguing app in this is Parallels, but I already have Fusion. Posterino looks good too, but it's not something I'd pay for.