: Even bookstores now sell iPods

Bjornbro
Nov 6th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Chapters/Indigo (http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/) is selling iPods with a $125 discount (http://images.chapters.indigo.ca/images_2004/en/banners/CB_ipod_and_audible.jpg) if you get a 12 month subscription to audible.com

thonan
Nov 6th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Just wait...Chapters/Indigo has some sort of arrangment to sell/link to songs from the iTunes Music store once it finally becomes available in Canada. It should be sometime this month.

RicktheChemist
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:18 PM

MacGenius
Nov 6th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Apple needs to somehow figure out a way to parlay iPod sales into Mac sales... Do that same thing M$ did with DOS and turning it into a Windows franchise.

Maybe pull the rug from under iTunes for Windows?? smile.gif

monokitty
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Maybe pull the rug from under iTunes for Windows??That, on the other hand, would lose them sales - not something I can see Apple doing.

Ohenri
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:13 PM
I think it will get to the point that ever corner store is selling iPods... they are so popular that everyone wants them... I was saying this a while back and actually went as far as posting a poll. The end was 50/50 when I last checked: 1/2 in favor sales outside of Apple circles (like reputable audio retailers - but with some restrictions), and the other felt that all retailers should have access. I'm not in favor of Mac's Milk et al selling them. Are they not avail @ Zellers now?? tongue.gif

H!

Bosco
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Yep. First page of the Zeller's flyer has an iPod. Maybe they'll put it next to the Martha Stewart aisle. smile.gif

Anyone know how many "valuable Club Z points" you get with an iPod?

.tony
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:19 AM
smart Canada (the car division of Mercedes-Benz) is going to start selling iPods, too. And they're working on something to hold it.

usedmac
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Actually any reseller can sell iPods. No Apple Auth. is required.
I sell them all the time through my Macsupport company. I just wish I could sell the computers too sometimes. It is hard to tell clients that I only sell the iPods and not computer hardware. Most people can't understand why.

Scott