: Baseless statements toward me - what is up with this?

monokitty
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Okay, I don't know who here is responsible for this, but I had a deal with someone for my iMac (no, it's not Neil Yates); we came to an agreement about the transaction and were about to go through with it-- the buyer cancels at the last minute. No, this isn't what made me angry - what made me seriously uptight is that he told me, "... a member of this board e-mailed me warning that your iMac had past problems, therefore I'm hesitate of completing the transaction."

So, somebody HERE apparently knows the condition of MY computer better than I do. Wow, I must be living on a different planet. :mad: tongue.gif :mad:

I can hardly believe someone from this board went to the extent of literally f---ing up my deal by making such a false, baseless, totally UNTRUE statement to MY buyer. My iMac is in near-perfect condition, and ANY problem it had have been fixed AGES AGO unless otherwise specified by me to my buyer ONLY.

I hate some people here, too, but to go to the extent of warning my buyer and making an untrue statement regarding MY computer is just absolutely unbelievable that one of you on ehMac falls to such low levels - and probably simple because you have something against me and not a thing else.

I'm not ticked off he doesn't want my iMac - I'm ticked off because of these false statements regarding my equipment and implying that my computer is completely unstable.

Wow, whoever made such a statement - you got what you wanted, but it's sad to see what kind of personalities this board inhibits. :rolleyes:

[ November 04, 2004, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Lars ]

andreww
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:01 AM
That is a low blow! Whoever it was is a real A$$hole!

stand_1998
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Hi Lars, I'm sorry to read that someone would sink to such a low level.

If there were problems [sounds like there wasn't any] then a poster could have handled this in a much better way, and at least give the seller an opportunity to respond/deny such accusations.

:rolleyes: Low blow indeed.

(( p g ))
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Yeah that's pretty cold. I don't know all the facts that might have prompted someone to pull a stunt like that, but everyone has a right to defend themselves against accusations. To do that behind your back is just wrong.

Sorry to hear about this, Lars. For the record, I've known you to be a fine member of ehMac and I'd not hesitate to buy from you.

andreww
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Plus, Lars' troubles and resolutions with his imac have been well documented on these boards. I don't think he would try to pull the wool over anybodys eyes knowing that!

Neil Yates
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Wasn't me. I'll still take your iMac though smile.gif

N.

MannyP Design
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:22 AM
My guess is whomever did it is/was still holding a grudge to Lars' previous life of a price sniper? ;)

Regardless... seems kind of underhanded. The buyer should have at least asked around first, before acting on one person's opinion.

And so it goes... :confused:

JAMG
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Can the former potential buyer post a link to the warning that killed the deal.

If they don't want to be part of the fray {and that is not required, until a deal is final, party's can back away}, maybe they can PM the link to Lars who can post it.

I have had no dealings with Lars outside of postings, but I have no reason to doubt his integrety.

capitalK
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Well we didn't see the message sent, for all we know the person was just giving the buyer a friendly 'heads up' that there were problems in the past, and the buyer went off the handle and ended the transaction without hearing Lars' side.

I don't think there's any evidence that someone has a malicious vendetta against Lars, I think it's far more likely that someone was just trying to be helpful to the buyer.

monokitty
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:45 AM
I don't know about a "friendly heads-up" - especially considering he made THIS statement to my buyer:

"But they said that you have had past problems and that "the imac is not worth the box that it would be shipped in."

:rolleyes:

The buyer now has not completely retracted his decision to go through with the deal, but here I am, defending my intergrity over a baseless statement made by who-knows, and almost losing a deal, if I haven't already, because of it.

Pelao
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Agree with andreww - Lars has posted openly about any issues, asking for assistance. Of course there could be serious issues, but then what has Lars been using to post so frequently and to maintain his other online activities?

rollee
Nov 4th, 2004, 01:35 PM
i feel for you too lars. :rolleyes:
reading your post made me :mad:

james_squared
Nov 4th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Hello,

None of us know what was truly in the mind of the person who sent the 'warning.' Nor do we know the entire message that was sent to the buyer. It could have been to 'screw' Lars or it could have been to 'help' a buyer.

We must be careful here to not jump to conclusions without all the facts. We have only read part of one person's story.

Personally, if someone had some information about a possibly faulty machine, I would be interested in hearing about it. I would, of course, ask the buyer about the issues. If I didn't like the buyer's explanation, then I would probably wash my hands of the entire situation, just to be on the safe side.

When buying used equipment it is always a 'crap-shoot,' but the more information available the better.

James

Ingenu
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Maybe I'm a little naive, but could it be that the potential buyer just made this up?

PosterBoy
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:37 PM
It's possible the buyer made it up, but I can think of at least one person who fairly consistently, um, let's say, enjoys pointing out when Lars is wrong.

Either way it's dumb.

used to be jwoodget
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Lars, while I think what happened sucks, there is a straightforward defense in that at least the buyer told you about this poster so you at least had the opportunity to set the record straight. It is always a case of buyer beware and it is up to them to do their homework. However, one worries how many times this happens but the buyer is simply scared off and gives no reason.

The buyer in this case should be encouraged to look into the posts of the person who contacted them (they just need to find a post from that person and click on the "post number" at the bottom of the entry to call up the last 50 posts. Usually, you can get a fairly good idea of the "worthiness" of th eposter that way.

While I can understand why you are pissed off (reputations are difficult to defend if you don't know you are being attacked), I think Neil has quite effectively neutrilized any potential negative effects by demonstrating his confidence in your machine.

Chin up bud. This board is a reflection of the real world, along with its not so nice aspects. Part of its attraction, ultimately.

monokitty
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I understand all your points and the such, and thanks for all the feedback concerning the situation.

The story is, the buyer has decided to go through with the transaction and finish the deal, but there was hesitation. I completely understand why the buyer would be cautious - after-all, so would I if I received a "warning" e-mail. Still, a baseless warning still has me aggravated over what happened here. Basically, having my trust and integrity questioned does not make me look very good now or in the future for future transactions.

In the end, I'm glad everything worked out, but this one experience I better not run into again.

ice_hackey
Nov 4th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Sounds like libel to me. Do you know who it was?

Gretchen
Nov 4th, 2004, 05:23 PM
What a dickhead! :mad:

I think the only fair thing here is that the 'buyer' should be forced to hand over to the Mayor the email and then he gives Lars a chance to see it and who it is from.

If the buyer refuses to hand it over then away they go. ;) After all I would think they would want to clear things up as far as trashing a good standing member goes.

What a sh#tty thing to do, of course like it's been suggested, they may be making it up that is why the email needs to be checked out, then made public so we can all roast the prick! graemlins/ptptptptptpt.gif

capitalK
Nov 4th, 2004, 05:31 PM
I think the only fair thing here is that the 'buyer' should be forced to hand over to the Mayor the email and then he gives Lars a chance to see it and who it is from.

If the buyer refuses to hand it over then away they go. After all I would think they would want to clear things up as far as trashing a good standing member goes.

I don't think the buyer should be threatened if they don't snitch, Gretchen. That's more than a little excessive.

Looks like everything has worked itself out. This is the end of the Lars iMac saga.

Or is it just the beginning?!? tongue.gif

Lawrence
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:23 PM
This makes me wonder about all the deals that I had that fell
through on ehMac's trading post...Hmmmm...

Anyways...
Sorry to hear about your problems Lars...Pssst...It wasn't me.

Don't let it get you down.

Dave :cool:

TroutMaskReplica
Nov 4th, 2004, 09:28 PM
wasn't me either! :D

RobTheGob
Nov 4th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Maybe I'm a little naive, but could it be that the potential buyer just made this up? This was the first thing that I thought of when I read this.

Perhaps the buyer was getting "cold" feet and thought that they could produce this as an excuse. If that's the case, I'm sure they didn't expect it to be such a big deal.

Then again - maybe somebody's stalking you!

dycs mxims
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:13 PM
sorry, dude. that's crap.

simon
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Boy-OH-Boy what a can of worms I opened ... I was the one who posted a friendly warning about Lars' computer and I see that Lars is showing his familiar form of blowing everything out of proportion and has made me into the unknown asshole of the board. Well, well, well ... out to do a little lynching are we? Lars is the devil (recent posting) (https://www.ehmac.ca/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=009048#000003) , Lars is the scorned ... What the heck? you guys are so fickle ...

Here's my side of the story ... (and it's not baseless as Lars would like you to believe)

A few months ago Lars "accidentally" posted his iMac for sale for a low (fair?) price and offers were made by a few people including myself. The Trading Post advertising his iMac turned into a fiasco for Lars when he tried to turn it into an auction bidding war (he then stumbled out the posting badly by saying he was just fishing for a price idea). I can't find the post in my search through ehMac as I seem to be able to go back only a month, but during my postings of offers and withdraw of the same an ehMac member (who will remain anonymous to the blood-thirsty mob at my door) gave me a PRIVATE warning about the iMac I was making an offer on.

I recently saw a posting by a new member in a potential trade for Lars' iMac and I thought it would be fair for him to know the WHOLE history of the computer he/she was interested in. I made a few personal comments (as I am allowed as a free person) and I told him/her to do a little research (look before you leap type of statement).

Lars has made it clear that I had - IN A PRIVATE PM as the unknown author - questioned his integrity and trust. I did no such thing, but nice touch to his pitty party ...

And here is my PRIVATE PM sent to the potential purchaser for those who are so ready to crucify me for giving somebody a heads up ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

... about your possible trade with Lars - you haven't been here long enough to be aware of the history of Lars' iMac but be warned (and do a search in the trouble-shooting section with Lars as the poster) and see the history of the iMac Lars wants to trade with you

Lars has had many a trouble with his iMac and he likes to tinker (that's why he has so much trouble - he might not know what he's doing) ... you may be getting the real short end of a stick here, I would personally run (not walk) away from that deal.

This is a private message of warning - I don't hold a grudge against Lars but I somebody else warned me his iMac wouldn't be worth more than the box he shipped it in and I'm just passing it along.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no grudge with Lars, we have butted heads maybe twice in the years I have been here and I don't know him from Adam crossing the street - BUT I CAN READ! Lars has posted many a difficulty with his iMac (some his fault, some has been software, some has hardware) - it's all there in black and red and I told the potential purchaser to read them. It was his/her decision to think twice about the "deal". I wasn't trying to pooh-pooh Lars' sale I was just trying to give the newer member a heads up on what he was getting in to.

Lars may think differently (especially since it's his deal and "reputation" that has be sullied) but I believe it is our responsibility to share what we know especially to those who don't.

Now for those of you who want blood ... graemlins/ptptptptptpt.gif

monokitty
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Simon,

I'm not going to make a big issue out of this - the transaction is going through, and it's over. Simple enough. However, the truth is though, you still implied that my iMac was a piece of junk, and made ME look like I was selling my buyer an unstable machine, therefore ripping him off - and that in turn makes me look VERY BAD to both my buyer and everyone else. YOU made ME look I was scamming him without letting him know the condition of my iMac. Any defect my iMac may have - the buyer already knows about. End of story.

It had problems in the past, and you act like most computers don't have problems, therefore making my iMac a problmatic machine. All the problems have since been eliminated and yet you point them out to my buyer as if they're still all there. Just because a machine has a problem in the past doesn't automatically make it a problematic machine -- my iMac hasn't had an issue in a long time now.

"I don't hold a grudge against Lars but I somebody else warned me his iMac..."

Oh, here we go! "Somebody else" warned you to begin with? Wow, this gets so much better. Somebody told somebody who told somebody who... :mad: That "somebody" has NO IDEA what the condition of my iMac is - period. Whoever gave you that original warning was also probably basing his facts on absolutely nothing relevant to anything.

:rolleyes:

The final point is that you pointed my entire history out to my buyer, as if I hid it all from him and was secretly selling him a defective computer, questioning my trustworthiness in the meantime. And lastly, you had NO right to tell him to "run" from my deal. And unless you or anyone thinks I'm a scammer, why you would even question or think I'd sell anyone a computer that's defective without pointing it out beforehand, is beyond me. Like, really. :rolleyes:

RicktheChemist
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:47 PM

simon
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Here we go ... Lars, did you even read my post?

I told the buyer to read YOUR previous posts in the troubleshooting section, and implication made that your iMac is a piece of junk is of your own doing. I never said anything about you ripping him off or scamming him - what planet are you from? Why do you have to embellish your posts to make it seem like you were shot with a .45 instead of being poked with a knitting needle.

I'm acting like computers don't have problems? WTF? Lars, I have been fixing computers, office equipment and electronics longer than you have graced this planet with your glorious presence. All computers have one major flaw and it's usually the loose screw in front of the keyboard who thinks he knows everything there is to know. I have a degree in Electronic Technology and sometimes my computer even stumps me - that's when I ask for help or take it to somebody who knows better. You, you seem to know everything ...

You say the problems have been eliminated .. well good for you ... all I did was tell your potential purchaser that there is a history with your iMac and he/she should be aware of it.

I just forced you to be a little more honest and what's wrong with that?

tedj
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:54 PM
yeah, rtc., sure. but ehmac isn't really just "the world". I think, and I'm most likely not the only one, that ehmac is a cute little interest group community that needs trust and honesty in order to function at all. Communities of any sort do. So, Lars is justly pissed. It wouldn't be an issue on ebay, sure, but it must be here.

Gretchen
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Well actually I don't really care one way or another, I was in a pissy mood so I suppose it was a little extreme in 'ordering' the handing over of email and all. Perhaps a short beating with a hickory switch would suffice. :D

andreww
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Simon, who the hell appointed you "Deal Cop"? I wish people would just mind there own business around here and keep their noses out of other peoples transactions. Although, if you were going to pull this crap on anyone, nobody is more deserving than Lars I guess.

Sorry Lars, Now you no how it feels to be on the other end of the stick!

monokitty
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Although, if you were going to pull this crap on anyone, nobody is more deserving than Lars I guess.

Sorry Lars, Now you no how it feels to be on the other end of the stick!Except, back then, I made comments on pricing, rather than sending potential buyers a PM telling them to stray away.

Not quite the same thing. :D

maximusbibicus
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:40 AM
I am on the fence regarding Simon's actions.

I think he should have minded his own business

HOWEVER

As i buyer, i would be greatfull to get information that could protect me from a bad deal.

Overall, Simon is one of the good guys.

Lars, its going to be tough to get the sympathy vote here. All members here have a reputation of some sort here. Yours is not the greatest. I am sure most have sympathy for your situation, but i am POSITIVE there are a bunch that think you got what you deserve.

I have been looking for an iMac for a while now. I just need something to back up my music and photo's with, and something for my nieces to play around on when they visit.

I completely ignored your post, because of countless posts that detail problems with your machine.

They have been fixed, but still, i wouldn't trust it.

Like Simon said ( smile.gif ) , you seem like a tinkerer, but i am not confident you know what you are doing. Sometimes, your posts show a mature, intelligent individual that knows Macs. Generally, you just seem like a kid that reads a lot of forums, and indulges himself in every little bit of Mac knowledge he can find.....online.

I am shocked at how dumb some of the questions you ask are. Especially, when you (infrequently) show some impressive computer knowledge.

Oh well. Thats my rant.

da_jonesy
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Wait a sec...

While not getting into the details... that have so painfully been explored here... don't you think that sometimes people have a moral oblgation to tell others NOT to do something if whatever that is might in fact be detrimental.

I suppose what I am trying to say is... We say things like "don't buy this product, because [whatever the reason is]"

In general we are happy when someone steers us away from something that we would not want because it is defective or otherwise not live up to any claims it might have.

What's the difference in this case? Is it because there is a name/person involved, and not a faceless corporation?

I'm not judging, but it is an interesting moral argument.

MannyP Design
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Simon did what any decent person would do in a community known for helping out others: he gave the person a heads up; it was warranted. This is one of the reasons why ehMac is a great place to buy/sell/trade -- we watch out for each other! Obviously, not all transactions go through without a snag.

Lars did tinker with his Mac -- notably installing a faster HD in a fanless computer, if memory serves, against MacDoc's warnings that could cause heat problems. Did Lars warn the (potential) buyers that the HD was not stock -- that it was installed by an amateur? Probably not. But I can't say.

Except, back then, I made comments on pricing, rather than sending potential buyers a PM telling them to stray away.
Not quite the same thing.graemlins/lmao.gif

That's funny. Let's see: Warning a person the computer they are buying might not be totally up to spec as they say it is, by providing links to the seller's posts...

or

Someone commenting on other's pricing (ad nauseum)... despite the fact that they have absolutely no interest in buying.

Um, yeah. :confused:

monokitty
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Did Lars warn the (potential) buyers that the HD was not stock -- that it was installed by an amateur? Probably not. But I can't say.This statement is just flat out ridiculous.

Just like simon, you too believe I'd be dishonest to my buyer and not make him aware of the change. That's truely unbelievable.

An amateur... that's just too funny. I've swapped the hard drive in my iMac a total of 3 times now (no, just 1 drive failed, not 3), each time going smooth as ever. I'm far from an amateur, MannyP - you have NO idea what I'm capable of doing or not doing, yet here you are talking as if you do. Quite apparently, you don't know jack all of what my skills consist of. But you can't say -- that's right. ;)

I work at an Authorized Apple Service Provider and Reseller, spending a good amount of time swapping parts in and out of a variety of Macs on a daily basis, but yes, I'm such an amateur. ;)

Lastly, show me what makes me an amateur, if you still persist on believing I am one.

robert
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Lars, it is posts like this one which make people dislike you so much. You continually take the low road when you should take the high one.
Age and experience count for more than you know. Everyone in their late teens/early twenties thinks they know whats what. It is only when you reach your mid to late thirties that you realize what an idiot you were-myself included.
Your reputation was shot long beore this and most will look at this fiasco as yet another Larscrying session.
If you would take half of what people tell you as constructive criticism, people might start to think better of you.
Your new job means nothing as you have not the years behind the bench working on others computers. Job titles as well.
I'm CEO of my business. graemlins/lmao.gif (only one employee)
Anyway, just listen half the time and have a coffee before you fire off a reply.
R

da_jonesy
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Well it's pretty easy then... as an employee of an Authorized Apple Service Provider and Reseller... you would have to have gone through some course to be a certified Apple Service technician...

Or, is this Authorized Apple Service Provider and Reseller allowing non-certified employees to service their Apple products.

Problem solved?

monokitty
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Robert,

I can take constructive criticism - what I can't take, is people making accusations or comments about me that are entirely UNTRUE to begin with - that's it. And making baseless, stupid, untrue statements about me is NOT "constructive criticism." Sorry.

maximusbibicus
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:03 AM
And making baseless, stupid, untrue statements LOL

I almost **** myself when i read that line.

That is a pretty accurate description of the majority of your posts.

Way to fess up!

simon
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:10 AM
"Just like simon, you too believe I'd be dishonest to my buyer and not make him aware of the change. That's truely unbelievable."Lars - STOP MISQUOTING ME ! Not once did I say you were dishonest, a crook a scammer, or whatever else you would like the others to believe

"An amateur... that's just too funny. I've swapped the hard drive in my iMac a total of 3 times now (no, just 1 drive failed, not 3), each time going smooth as ever. I'm far from an amateur."You've swapped your harddrive 3 times so you are far from an amateur, I guess you turn pro when you done it twice ... man if I knew that I would have skipped the three hard years at College and the these constant courses I take to keep my skills current, plus the years of on the site experience I had to have before I even was considered a skilled by my employers. What I do know that I have been doing this longer than Lars has been alive - but I guess that Lars has his own rules in life. Working at a Apple Store of some sorts does not make you a Pro. You get the papers, the experience, the years of hard work, then maybe you can earn the right to be called a professional.

How old are you Lars - 18? 19? That puts you just out of high school or your first year of higher learning (if you decided to pursue that). Or are you just a "grease monkey" at the neighbourhood Mac store. The guys that change my oil and check my fluids in my car may fiddle with it every time I take it in but that doesn't make them skilled enough to fix it when there's a real problem. That's why the are so many "help me" issues posted by Lars regarding his system - he knows just enough to get himself into trouble and then needs somebody with real knowledge to help him out. As changing the tires on your car do not make you a mechanic, the swapping of parts on computers do not make you professional.

After a couple of years of experience, maybe getting a degree or diploma, then maybe you have the right to call yourself a professional but not now - you haven't earned that right and nothing you say will change that truth.

MannyP Design
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Watch yer nutz folks: Kneejerk reactions abound.

This statement is just flat out ridiculous.
Just like simon, you too believe I'd be dishonest to my buyer and not make him aware of the change. That's truely unbelievable. Take a valium. Get hooked on phonics and reread what I wrote for the love of Jimmy.

An amateur... that's just too funny. I've swapped the hard drive in my iMac a total of 3 times now (no, just 1 drive failed, not 3), each time going smooth as ever.Wow. 3 Whole times. I guess professional technicians should be fearfull of your L337 sKillZ!

I'm far from an amateur, MannyP - you have NO idea what I'm capable of doing or not doing, yet here you are talking as if you do.I know what you've posted here thusfar -- and you seem to talk like you have an abundant amount of knowledge, backed up by seemingly naive questions in the same breath. I don't know you, but I know what you've posted here. It's my observation -- but not necessarily a correct, nor a complete one.

Quite apparently, you don't know jack all of what my skills consist of. Quite honestly, you don't know jack all of what I know of what your skills consist of. tongue.gif

But you can't say -- that's right. I work at an Authorized Apple Service Provider and Reseller, spending a good amount of time swapping parts in and out of a variety of Macs on a daily basis, but yes, I'm such an amateur. Lastly, show me what makes me an amateur, if you still persist on believing I am one.I know lots of people who work at lots of places... that doesn't make them experts either. I've installed a wide array of hardware in my Macs -- it doesn't make me a technician, nor a professional despite zero failures. I can change the oil in my car -- but that doesn't make me a mechanic, either. Not once, did you even mention (Apple/Hardware) certification. That to me says something.

You opened yourself to this can of worms. Did you fully expect everyone to handle you with kiddy gloves? Sorry I didn't post up to your personal expectations... but that's life.

monokitty
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Riiiightttt. :D

robert
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:14 AM
---And making baseless, stupid, untrue statements about me is NOT "constructive criticism." Sorry.---

You didn't have that coffee before replying, did you.
I understand your anger/frustration Lars, but saying the above only digs you deeper into the pit. (and it is an age thing-we all went through it)

But why not just rephrase it to say something like this
"I just don't find character assasination to be very constructive"
Same meaning but people will more sympathetic to your perdicament. -enlightening people rather than shouting at them works much better.
Gotta go, coffee time,
R

RicktheChemist
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:18 AM

Blue
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Well, here we go again. Another pointless Lars, woe-is-me bitch fest. If I were a newbie to ehMac, and somebody pointed out that there may be some potential problems with a computer I was interested in buying, I would consider what Simon did to be the right thing to do. If you read his PM you'll know that he never said that there was a problem - only that there was a history of problems. There's a big difference.

Lars, as others have already pointed out, if you reacted to these situaltions like a mature adult instead of a whining, imature adolescent, you might get a little more sympathy. Suck it up, pal.

TroutMaskReplica
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:27 AM
i think this thread should be move the 'Romper Room, eh?' forum....

maximusbibicus
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:29 AM
I have a Mugshot request.

I want to see the pic taken of Lars when he swapped the HDD's in his iMac (three times).

You know, the picture where he is holding a ratchet with a 22mm attachment in one hand, oil smeared on his face, and in the other hand, the glass of warm milk his Mom made him. Don't forget the anti static wrist strap around his ankle.

You still have that pic, Lars?

Post it.

monokitty
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:32 AM
I think this thread should be locked or deleted considering nothing is relevant to anything anymore.

maximusbibicus
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Sure.

Lock it.

I am certain of this: In the next two to four weeks, you will yet again do something stupid, and people will take no pity and trash you.

I can almost guarantee it.

You have a fantastic track record, ol' chap.

RicktheChemist
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:40 AM

RicktheChemist
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:41 AM

RicktheChemist
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:43 AM

maximusbibicus
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:48 AM
MB.. that is a very very low blow...
I know.

I am OK with it.

Really.

MasterBlaster
Nov 5th, 2004, 11:00 AM

Macaholic
Nov 5th, 2004, 11:23 AM
You know, it's high time people shut the hell up and lay off the guy. IT's OVER, and personal pot-shots are pointless and mean.

Kosh
Nov 5th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Group Hug Time!!!

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/love022.gif

andreww
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Dont worry Lars, most of these guys probably couldnt install a stick of ram without calling an Apple technician!. And, in fact, I have seen several technicians that I wouldn't even trust to do that. I have seen enough of your posts to see that youy know alot more than most people here. I think that you are getting slagged here, and the ones that are doing it are simly doing it out of spite! To those people, F--K OFF and leave the guy alone! If the same thing had happened to MannyP or Maximus the bleeding hearts would be all over this!

maximusbibicus
Nov 5th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Honestly, i don't think people would rag on me the same way Lars is ragged on.

Its all about reputation.

I can't think of anything i have said/done on ehmac to give people a negative impression of me.

Correct me if i am wrong.

maximusbibicus
Nov 5th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Last thing.

I have been here since Feb 2002. I have 400 posts.

Lars since Jan 2002. Lars has 4000 posts.

If i don't know WTF i am talking about, i keep my mouth shut. If there is a thread here regarding cars, i'll chime in. I don't know anything about a RAID set up, and i will not pretend to be the man and spit out useless crap.

Lars doesn't operate the same way.

With his 4000 posts, he has given us more than enough ammo.

With my 400 (admittedly, a lot are in the trading post), i try to be insightful on topics i know something about.

TroutMaskReplica
Nov 5th, 2004, 02:15 PM
http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs3/romper%20roomVA-ad4-69.jpg

James Z
Nov 7th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Hopefully Lars has changed, but i can't help but forget the time I had a dealing with a crazy member from Montreal I forget his name, but something around the line of I wouldn't do COD for him he went and shot his mouth off saying a was a bad seller.Now without Lars knowing the truth or asking any questions about this transaction he posted to this lunitics post something around the lines of thanks for the heads up on shitty or the a__hole member.Of course I emailed the Mayor about this member and the situation and he was kicked off ehmac.My point is Lars you went by this members "baseless statements and added to the destruction of my reputation that day.Seems like the same sort of deal you had come your way.Now this was along time ago and hopefully things have changed.

James