Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

ImageReady Q?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  re:load 
#1 ·
OK... Pretty stoked as I finally dropped some $ for Adobe CS suite. Looking fwd to getting back into some lo-fi design. ;) Now, I just have this Q? re: ImageReady:

I created some jpegs in IR that I went back to look @ (they're reduced photos), and the thumbnail is only showing the IR icon. But when I look @ some that were created with IR 6.0 (from previous), I can see the actual jpeg. Where did I mess up with this new one??? I have to be able to look @ it before opening the file.

Thanks.

H!

#2 ·
In Photoshop, you will find an item in Preferences under File Handling for saving preview icons with files.

However, you will find no such option in ImageReady. A JPEG produced in ImageReady is intended for the Web, and a preview icon would be redundant, since it's stored as meta-data that a Web browser can't read.

I think you'll find that any JPEGs you have with preview icons are actually Photoshop files, not ImageReady ones. Try running the Finder's Get Info on one of them - in the Get Info window, click the icon to select and hit the Clear key. Is it a Photoshop icon you see now, or an ImageReady one?

#3 ·
Thanks Gerbill.

But the issue is that the IR files that were created in IR 6.0 are viewable in preview. Not the new ones which were created in IR CS.

Essentially, here's what happened (this may hopefully help):

I ran IR 6.0 on the iMac, and would transfer the files to my lap (which did not have any Abobe app. Thus the files came up as JPEGs, and would open in Preview. Now, that I added CS suite to the lap, the old IR 6.0 files have the IR CS icon, but still show a picture as a preview. I then created some JPEGs in IR CS, now they show only as IR CS icon in preview. [sigh].

That's my issue right now. Hope someone can help.

Thanks!

H!

#4 ·
Check the preferences. I believe there's an option to save as "Image Only", meaning no preview, no picture icon...

That is also an option when using "Save For the Web..." in Photoshop.

#5 ·
this may not be the best option if you like to open your files by double click (as opposed to drag and drop in the dock) but you can hit apple+I on the file and choose to open all JPEG files in Preview. Then try previewing the files. It's worked for me on some JPEG files but I hated the hassle of accidentally double clicking the file and opening Preview every time, so I always ended up changing them back!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.