: iTunes Super Slow on Sync (Not Backup Issue)

doubles87
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Recently I've experienced slow downs with my iTunes. I always had 1 or 2 updates in my Applications section, and that was cause i stopped using my US iTunes account and only the Canadian one (recently attatched my credit card to it) soo thats why those were there. Now this is the problem:

As i was removing all my American free apps, and getting them back from the CDN store, somewhere it slowed down and iTunes had to be forced quitted. Ever since my iTunes is slow to recognize my iPhone yet my iPhone will say "Sync in Progress". Sync's are slightly slower to, like at the Calendars and Contacts part.

So my question is what can I do to make everything smooth again without losing any apps or music / videos.

Is reinstalling iTunes an option, will that even fix the issue or is it related to my iPhone. If anyone knows or has input please let me know. Thanks.

mkolesa
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:33 AM
people are having issues with both backups and syncing, so it's hard to say if your experience is really outside the bell curve. one thing to check is what's in your mobile apps folder (~/music/itunes/mobile apps)... my guess is you have multiple copies of the same app since it seems like you've downloaded the same apps more than once. also, please remember that if you've paid or downloaded apps once, itunes will remember it. so, in my case, i ended up deleting some apps and then downloading them again (without any charges), and then syncing...