: Just jailbroke my 3G iPhone - it's great! Do it today!

bob99
Sep 1st, 2008, 04:12 PM
I downloaded QuickPWN and jailbroke my iPhone on Friday. Very easy process, and you don't lose any of your data / apps when you do it.

I've installed the following programs:

Qik - this is amazing, and the reason I jailbroke the phone. It allows you to stream video to the web, live! Anywhere you are, you can start it up and it will broadcast to a public (or private) site. You can download the videos later. qik.com is great!

BossPrefs - This allows you to turn off icons you're not using (stocks, etc.)

SpoofApp - Allows you to prank call friends and change your caller ID, and your voice. Also allows call recording.

Netshare - This is the app that was pulled from the app store. I'd buy it if I could, but until it's back legitimately, I'm happy that I can now tether my phone.

Who else has jailbroken their phone? What cool apps are you using? Is there a central repository for cool jailbroken apps?

Bob

Dominator
Sep 1st, 2008, 06:29 PM
what is the latest version of QuickPWN? have you notice a lag when opening apps?

Z06jerry
Sep 2nd, 2008, 12:55 AM
Who else has jailbroken their phone? What cool apps are you using? Is there a central repository for cool jailbroken apps?

Bob

I did mine yesterday too using Quickpwn. Took me awhile to realize the user name was mobile & password was alpine, but I eventually figured it out.

My iPhone is showing up in Finder but I haven't figured out how to copy an app to it. I downloaded Netshare from Rapidshare but for some reason it won't copy into the iPhone's Applications folder. :confused: Got any advice?

Z06jerry
Sep 2nd, 2008, 01:12 AM
what is the latest version of QuickPWN? have you notice a lag when opening apps?

I thinks its the first version of Quickpwn, no? I haven't noticed any difference with my apps, but I haven't used my phone much since I pwned it. I want to install Netshare, but I am having trouble copying it to my phone for some reason.