: Rogers -> Fido (What happens with the ECF?)

scandy
Aug 30th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Hi,

I still have 2 years left on my Rogers agreement, but want to take advantage of that "Killer Offer (http://fido.ca/web/content/planpromo/promo_q308_killeroffer)" that Fido is advertising.

I have two options in tackling this one... I can call rogers and see if they will give me the same, or I can just call fido directly and ask to have my number ported over to them... but then what about the ECF (early cancellation fee)? I keep seeing mixed reports about going between the two and the company waiving the ECF.

MomentsofSanity
Aug 30th, 2008, 06:39 PM
If you've been with Rogers for at least a year, your account is in good standing and you port your number over then they will waive the ECF with Rogers. I was going to do this when I upgraded to the iPhone and Fido confirmed the process.

Honestly call them yourself and ask. It's not a secret, just not a publicized process. The agents are quite up front about the fact if you ask.

scandy
Aug 30th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Good to know...

I want to switch to Fido to take advantage of the per second billing, but I also don't want to have to pay for the expanded network... I'll call rogers first and see if they will give me this plan.

MomentsofSanity
Aug 30th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Post the results as I like the look of that plan and wouldn't mind calling to see about swinging that kid of voice plan on my phone!

kloan
Aug 30th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Does that plan include voicemail and call display? If not, it's not such a great deal. It already doesn't have text messages... only incoming.

scandy
Aug 30th, 2008, 06:57 PM
No it doesn't include that, but as a basic plan its very good.

Add VM, CD, TXT in a value pack and you're set.

scandy
Aug 30th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Call center is closed... looks like I may have to wait till after the weekend.