: 99 iTunes rental of the week is...

cap10subtext
Aug 30th, 2008, 02:52 PM
The Usual Suspects.... Booyah.

Love this flick. It's not something I'd buy because I don't need to watch it over and over. If this is the caliber of movie that the free rentals will continue to be iTunes will have all of my money in no time.

G-Mo
Aug 30th, 2008, 07:02 PM
The Usual Suspects.... Booyah.

Love this flick. It's not something I'd buy because I don't need to watch it over and over. If this is the caliber of movie that the free rentals will continue to be iTunes will have all of my money in no time.

Argh! I just rented it a couple of weeks ago at full price!!!!?

uPhone
Aug 30th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Is there any way to view the free video downloads on iTunes? (Better yet, are there free video downloads on iTunes?)

chas_m
Aug 31st, 2008, 02:21 AM
I don't know about free movie downloads on iTunes (haven't seen any in the Canadian store, but I don't spend a lot of time there) but there are TONS of free videos. They're called video podcasts, and many are even in High Def!

Just explore the video podcast section (a new feature, btw). I think you'll find a lot of cool stuff!

CanadaRAM
Aug 31st, 2008, 02:36 AM
Just watched T.U.S. again - thanks for the tip!

Vexel
Aug 31st, 2008, 06:23 AM
Yup, rented it myself.. absolutely worth 99 cents to see again! :D

cap10subtext
Sep 2nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
...Uh oh... "Be Cool".

Run away. Run far away. This movie was horrible. Next!

lindmar
Sep 2nd, 2008, 10:22 PM
...Uh oh... "Be Cool".

Run away. Run far away. This movie was horrible. Next!

You're saying usual suspects was horrible??????

CaptainCode
Sep 3rd, 2008, 07:51 AM
You can subscribe to this RSS feed to find out what the weekly movie is $0.99 iTunes Movie of the Week (http://feeds.feedburner.com/99rental)

SINC
Sep 3rd, 2008, 07:56 AM

Nope, he said "Be Cool" was horrible. It's kinda a sequel to "Get Shorty".

macsackbut
Sep 3rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
You can subscribe to this RSS feed to find out what the weekly movie is $0.99 iTunes Movie of the Week (http://feeds.feedburner.com/99rental)The feed says the 99 movie of the week is Donnie Brasco, but on iTunes Canada it is Be Cool. Is this feed for the US Store? Is there one for the Canadian store?

BobbyFett
Sep 3rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
The feed says the 99 movie of the week is Donnie Brasco, but on iTunes Canada it is Be Cool. Is this feed for the US Store? Is there one for the Canadian store?

Click the Canada link at the top of the page.

lindmar
Sep 3rd, 2008, 10:49 PM

Phew. I almost smacked him above the head.

Melodia27
Sep 13th, 2008, 10:56 AM

I know this is totally off subject, but where and how do you get that bug moving around!!! I love it, it totally fooled me!!!

Melody

cap10subtext
Sep 13th, 2008, 12:55 PM
"A Guy Thing"

Actually I really like the stars of this movie, but I've never seen it because I heard it was awful. Maybe worth the 99 rental. Jason Lee cracks me up (especially in My Name is Earl and Chasing Amy).
Hmmm...
Julia Stiles... :love2:
Selma Blair... :heybaby:

Okay, I'm renting it.

HowEver
Sep 13th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I used it as an avatar really briefly. Just right click and save it.

Here's more animated bugs (http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/cartoons/bugsbunny.html).

I know this is totally off subject, but where and how do you get that bug moving around!!! I love it, it totally fooled me!!!

Melody

neesh0
Sep 13th, 2008, 05:55 PM
This movie was MUCH better than I expected

20DDan
Sep 13th, 2008, 06:04 PM

The Usual Suspects ROCKED! I just saw it recently for the first time ever! I went & purchased it off iTunes!

monokitty
Sep 16th, 2008, 11:42 PM
And the rental of the week is... Ronin! Great flick.

Ronin (1998) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122690/).

miniphone
Sep 17th, 2008, 05:23 PM
And the rental of the week is... Ronin! Great flick.

Ronin (1998) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122690/).
awesome post
this one of a kind car chase movie! worth ever penny

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewMovie?id=220257443&s=143455

pictor
Sep 17th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I didn't know they *had* 99 cent rentals

cap10subtext
Sep 18th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I didn't know they *had* 99 cent rentals

Which is why I started the thread. ;)

I don't know about Ronin. I remember seeing it once and not really caring for it. Maybe worth the 99 replay.

Hmmm... I think I'm watching a lot of movies I wouldn't normally watch. Damn marketing geniuses at Apple. I'm sure if all rentals were 99 I'd never leave the house.

Vexel
Sep 18th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I'm sure if all rentals were 99 I'd never leave the house.

:lmao: That makes two of us! :D

winwintoo
Oct 4th, 2008, 11:24 PM
This week's rental was Terminator.

I saw a trailer for a new Terminator coming out soon, so I thought I'd refresh my memory about the original story, but I admit that without the kids here to explain things to me, I'm a bit lost.

Why is Arnie going around shooting all the Sarah Connors in the first movie. I thought he was protecting her in the second one :confused:

Don't worry about spoiling it for me. Can someone explain?

Thanks, Margaret

kevleviathan
Oct 5th, 2008, 04:11 AM
In the first one, Arnold is a Terminator sent back in time by Skynet.
In the second one, the human resistance in the future has managed to get ahold of some terminators and they've reprogrammed them to be friendlies. They send another Arnold back in time but this time he's a good guy (and not the same terminator).

HowEver
Oct 5th, 2008, 07:52 AM
The Terminator - Terminator Wiki (http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/The_Terminator)

This week's rental was Terminator.

I saw a trailer for a new Terminator coming out soon, so I thought I'd refresh my memory about the original story, but I admit that without the kids here to explain things to me, I'm a bit lost.

Why is Arnie going around shooting all the Sarah Connors in the first movie. I thought he was protecting her in the second one :confused:

Don't worry about spoiling it for me. Can someone explain?

Thanks, Margaret

winwintoo
Oct 5th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Thank you both, now I understand and I'll be able to enjoy "Salvation" when it comes out.

Take care, Margaret

cap10subtext
Oct 8th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Damn! Missed Terminator! Oh well.

This week it's Child's Play. The classic 80's sequel-itis infected schlock horror.

"Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?" :eek: Dolls are creepy. Must... rent... for 99.

cap10subtext
Oct 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM
This week is Jeepers Creepers.

Horrible horrible horrible movie. The first hour or so is frightening... then it takes a turn for the uber-lame. Hey, for 99 you can rent it and make fun all the way through.

titans88
Oct 18th, 2008, 05:06 PM

Horrible horrible horrible movie. The first hour or so is frightening... then it takes a turn for the uber-lame. Hey, for 99 you can rent it and make fun all the way through.

I remember being legitimately frightened for the first portion of the movie....then laughing for the remaining half!

monokitty
Oct 18th, 2008, 05:20 PM

Horrible horrible horrible movie.

x2. Ultra lame.