: Rogers called ME

ryank
Aug 28th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Anyone get a call from Rogers about their iPhone experience? I got a call today wondering if I was having any issues with my upgrade, letting me know that network issues would eventually be resolved with software updates (though I haven't had any network issues thus far).

I did mention my phone and the light leak and was told that Apple or my Rogers store would handle a replacement (though I ordered over the phone).

It was nice to have a follow-up. Now I just have to pay that massive phone bill!

Vexel
Aug 28th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Yup, got mine today too.

I found out I was on the wrong plan. I was on the blackberry plan that's close to the iPhone plan but doesn't include VVM. Now, I'm on the right plan with VVM.

I also resolved my My5 issues. :)

The support person was very easy to talk to. One of the nicest calls from a call center I've ever encountered. :) +1 for Rogers.

machael
Aug 28th, 2008, 06:20 PM
vexel: i was on the same $15 value plan. they switched mine too ;)

HowEver
Aug 28th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Which plan did they put you on, exactly?

Yup, got mine today too.

I found out I was on the wrong plan. I was on the blackberry plan that's close to the iPhone plan but doesn't include VVM. Now, I'm on the right plan with VVM.

I also resolved my My5 issues. :)

The support person was very easy to talk to. One of the nicest calls from a call center I've ever encountered. :) +1 for Rogers.

machael
Aug 28th, 2008, 06:22 PM
it was the smartphone value pack instead of the iphone value pack

HowEver
Aug 28th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks, that explains it.

it was the smartphone value pack instead of the iphone value pack

adagio
Aug 28th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I must say I've been extremely happy with Rogers CSR's and technical reps. They've been polite, helpful and I can actually understand every word they've said to me. That's more than I can say with my dealings with Bell lately.

wilecoyote
Aug 28th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I must say I've been extremely happy with Rogers CSR's and technical reps. They've been polite, helpful and I can actually understand every word they've said to me. That's more than I can say with my dealings with Bell lately.

My experience has been pretty good overall, with one big exception. I was charged about $30 for data access on the first day I got the phone. My bill showed that the plan changed and value pack was added on the correct day, but for some reason the data plan only was activated the next day. I called CS and figured this would be really straight forward to correct. Instead, the CSR kept telling me that there was no proof that I had actually ordered the data plan on the same day that I did all the other stuff even though I've never used data before getting this iPhone!

I asked to speak to her manager. About 2 minutes later she came back on and said that she could "proabably" get the charges reversed, but because of the "large dollar amount" she would have to go and get it authorized. I politely declined and repeated that I wanted to speak to her manager.

Anyway, I did get the manager who was fantastic, and full of apologies. She sorted out all my issues and promised to talk to the CSR.

So...YMMV!

Gene Rayburn
Aug 28th, 2008, 08:00 PM
What number did these calls come through on (i.e. what did it show in call display). I got two random calls from Rogers's 416 number last week which I never returned -- I first suspected they hadn't gotten my bill (I sent it in but potentially there was a mail delay) but the fact they stopped calling after two days made me rethink that.

HowEver
Aug 28th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Also... be very careful when somebody calls you rather than you calling them. Some unscrupulous people will call you over the course of weeks or months accumulating information, then call and identify themselves as calling from a particular company, which they can 'prove' since they know certain details about you and your account. Then they obtain something really crucial and damaging from you, like a bank account or credit card number, and clean you out. Exercise caution, and always feel free to call Rogers or whichever company it is directly and ask them to verify the caller/process/offer.

okcomputer
Aug 28th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I received a call, but I said I was waiting on a replacement iPhone, and they said they would call back after I had received it and after a few weeks of using it to see how things were going.

My issues:

* I have been overcharged on both bills so far. Very annoying, especially since I had zero billing issues with Telus in 4 years. But, after 30mins on the phone (mostly on hold waiting for a CSR), I was not only credited for the overage amount, but the CSR added a credit to my account equal to my long distance usage for the month (about $6). Not bad.

* Every once in a while, the network seems to be wonky. I can make calls, and it says I have a few bars of 3G, but I receive no internet connectivity. Safari, Weather, YouTube, App Store, etc. They don't work. This happened on my first iPhone and happened last night on my replacement phone.

* A few hours after I was told I would be sent a replacement and that I could use my old SIM card, my phone said NO SERVICE. This was about 8:50 at night, and the Rogers store closed at 9. I was not able to get there until 1pm the next day. Turns out they disabled my SIM card. The dealer gave me another one, but it was still very inconvenient and annoying. And I missed 4 calls and 20 texts in that time.

DempsyMac
Aug 28th, 2008, 10:58 PM
ya I got a call last week just as I was driving into Niagara Falls and I was not sure right were I was going so I asked them to call back, and now that I think of it they were supposed to call me today and did not.

When they called they said that they were just calling to see if I was happy with the plan that I was on, they said that they were calling all iPhone customers.

I will wait and see if they call back, I have not had any of the issues that people report here, other then when I was in Niagara I got a text from Rogers saying "Welcome to the USA" although I never crossed the border, but I was so close I can understand the error.

Delroy666
Aug 28th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I got a call from them tonight. I was just about to sit down to eat supper, so I told the rep to call back later. She called back, but hung up on me right after I answered the phone. I'm hoping they call again, since I want to complain about the 3G/EDGE internet connectivity issues in my area.

RunTheWorldOnMac
Aug 29th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Also... be very careful when somebody calls you rather than you calling them. Some unscrupulous people will call you over the course of weeks or months accumulating information, then call and identify themselves as calling from a particular company, which they can 'prove' since they know certain details about you and your account. Then they obtain something really crucial and damaging from you, like a bank account or credit card number, and clean you out. Exercise caution, and always feel free to call Rogers or whichever company it is directly and ask them to verify the caller/process/offer.

TD did this once...they called...blah blah blah...so just give me your bank card so I can ensure who I am speaking too. I told them that they just called me so why would I give them that info... I told them they are idiots and have them give me the number to call them back. It was TD and I got everything dealt with. Morons...

Joker Eh
Aug 29th, 2008, 10:10 AM

That's because Bell customer service is in some other country, I think it may be India (I don't care which one, it is not Canada). That is why any company I call where I do not understand what they are saying I cancel my service just like I did with Bell at home and at work.