Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

monster iTV link no worky

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jeepguy 
#1 ·
I have a 3rd gen ipod nano (video). I bought a monster iTV link to play videos from my ipod on my tv. I have attached everything properly, and tinkered with all the settings I can to make it work (tried different channels on the tv, tried switching up the cord colours, etc). I have also changed the video settings on my ipod to play out to the tv. I tried the "ask" option too. but no matter what, it still gives me this message on my ipod "TV OUT ENABLED Please connect video accessory". But the Video Accessory IS connected! It's very frustrating, as this is the second cord I've tried that isn't working... Has anyone ever successfully used this cord or am I obligated to pay $60 for a special cord from apple? The monster ITV link doesn't say that it won't work on a video nano! I need to return this if it's a no go. Help?

#2 ·
What did the monster cord cost you?

#3 ·
hi

never used one and it may be obvious, but make sure your tv is set to the correct input... you say the ipod says 'connect video device' and that's probably the message you're going to get to indicate it's in that mode, but rather than switching channels on the tv you need to switch it's input to the one the cable from the ipod is connected to... when you do, what do you see on the tv?

#5 ·
Apple disabled video out on 3rd gen nano/6G iPods, to unlicensed products.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.