: New ipods already?

chasMac
Aug 25th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Cripes, it looks like Apple's already re-designing the ipod; getting a bit ridiculous. One of Apple's great talents is making you feel out-dated after only a year - and they know a huge number of their fan base will readily swap a perfectly good unit for the latest model.

scandy
Aug 25th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Cripes, it looks like Apple's already re-designing the ipod; getting a bit ridiculous. One of Apple's great talents is making you feel out-dated after only a year - and they know a huge number of their fan base will readily swap a perfectly good unit for the latest model.

What do they look like now?

chasMac
Aug 25th, 2008, 02:04 PM
What do they look like now?

No images from Apple released yet; news I've seen indicates strong likelihood that next 2-3 weeks will bring announcement of new line-up. Knowing Apple's redesign rate, I'd say very strong likelihood.

nick24
Aug 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Don't want to put you down, dude, but being surprised by Apple redesigning iPods is like being surprised by the sun rising...

Edit - I've just realized that all my posts today make me sound like John C Dvorak...or Guytoronto or HowEver. Must be the lack of sleep.

chasMac
Aug 25th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Don't want to put you down, dude, but being surprised by Apple redesigning iPods is like being surprised by the sun rising...

No kidding, but ipod nano's latest form factor is relatively new. I wouldn't think a re-design is in such short order, maybe only a capacity upgrade.

HAL 9000
Aug 25th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Here something I came across that may or may not be true, but still interesting

New iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iTunes 8.0, and Blu-Ray in OS X 10.5.6? - Mac Rumors (http://www.macrumors.com/2008/08/22/new-ipod-nano-ipod-touch-itunes-8-0-blu-ray-in-10-6/)

edmondk
Aug 25th, 2008, 05:39 PM
ipods get an update every year in september. i think it has always been like that. Or at least for the last couple years. the second generation nano actually came out within the same year as the first generation.