: Bought a 3g "naked-case".... pure garbage

dslitedstt
Aug 20th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Before you by from CASE-MATE think again. The naked case was a nightmare. The front of the case sticks to the screen. The case creeks all over the place. Paid $70 with shipping (yes, $30 of that was shipping) and I will never give them another penny.

Just a heads up.

HowEver
Aug 21st, 2008, 12:06 AM
Call them or send a letter. Get your money back.

Before you by from CASE-MATE think again. The naked case was a nightmare. The front of the case sticks to the screen. The case creeks all over the place. Paid $70 with shipping (yes, $30 of that was shipping) and I will never give them another penny.

Just a heads up.

dslitedstt
Aug 21st, 2008, 12:21 AM
Call them or send a letter. Get your money back.

Thanks but I forgot to mention that that was the replacement case they sent me for the the first one which I thought was defective.... turns out they're all like that. Major waste of money and the customer service sucks.

I'm going to give best skins ever a try.

miniphone
Aug 21st, 2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks but I forgot to mention that that was the replacement case they sent me for the the first one which I thought was defective.... turns out they're all like that. Major waste of money and the customer service sucks.

I'm going to give best skins ever a try.

$70 seems expensive for an iPhone case, even apple store doesn't have cases for that much dollar.

dslitedstt
Aug 21st, 2008, 10:51 AM
$70 seems expensive for an iPhone case, even apple store doesn't have cases for that much dollar.

In my post I clearly state that $30 of that $70 was shipping.

HowEver
Aug 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
I've shipped computers for less.

dslitedstt
Aug 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
I've shipped computers for less.

When I placed the order they told me that fedex priority was my only choice. When they sent the replacement for the first piece of crap they told me it would be sent US post.... i said you made me use fedex the first time and you're going to use it too.

Ace McDuck
Aug 21st, 2008, 01:48 PM
I like the look of their moulded leather slip cases, but didn't pull the trigger for my original iPhone, partly because of their shipping policy - I think it was UPS back then, and I will not buy from a site in the US that ships UPS since they screwed me for "brokerage fees" twice. I sent them a message to that effect & they said they could ship USPS if I wanted, but by then I had already picked up a Sena case (I highly recommend them).

I was thinking about their naked case or one of the slip cases for my 3G. but my Sena case actually fits my 3G, so big bonus I don't have to invest in another nice leather case.

Case-mate have deeply discounted their original iPhone cases if anyone wants one of those. Just push them on the shipping before you order.

dslitedstt
Aug 21st, 2008, 01:52 PM
I like the look of their moulded leather slip cases, but didn't pull the trigger for my original iPhone, partly because of their shipping policy - I think it was UPS back then, and I will not buy from a site in the US that ships UPS since they screwed me for "brokerage fees" twice. I sent them a message to that effect & they said they could ship USPS if I wanted, but by then I had already picked up a Sena case (I highly recommend them).

I was thinking about their naked case or one of the slip cases for my 3G. but my Sena case actually fits my 3G, so big bonus I don't have to invest in another nice leather case.

Case-mate have deeply discounted their original iPhone cases if anyone wants one of those. Just push them on the shipping before you order.

If you like a case that looks like cheap plastic with a front that sticks to the screen and makes it look like water trapped between the case and the screen then naked case is for you.

After thinking it all over I will end up putting a best skins ever (2 piece) on the back and a crystal power support film on the front.

As for their shipping, they really screw you over.

Ace McDuck
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:16 PM
If you like a case that looks like cheap plastic with a front that sticks to the screen and makes it look like water trapped between the case and the screen then naked case is for you.

After thinking it all over I will end up putting a best skins ever (2 piece) on the back and a crystal power support film on the front.

As for their shipping, they really screw you over.

Not the naked case - the leather slip case ("signature series") is what caught my eye. I take your opinion on the naked case. It intrigued me when I saw it, but I need something a bit more professional looking than that. It's moot anyway since my nice leather Sena case fits my 3G perfectly.

I want to protect the 3G in a similar manner to you - where are you getting the skins & film from?

dslitedstt
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:23 PM
Not the naked case - the leather slip case ("signature series") is what caught my eye. I take your opinion on the naked case. It intrigued me when I saw it, but I need something a bit more professional looking than that. It's moot anyway since my nice leather Sena case fits my 3G perfectly.

I want to protect the 3G in a similar manner to you - where are you getting the skins & film from?

Cool, it's important to be 100% happy with your phone. I just bought from "best skins ever". $10.24 (shipping included) for a full front and full back (take the two piece back not the single back). $7.99 U.S

If the back turns out really good I'll give the front a try BEFORE ordering the power support crystal film from apple (15$ plus 13$ shipping).

I just want my phone to look like a 3G and not get scratched. I think that's reasonable.

Ps the best skins ever requires some time to apply (water, mild dish soap). It may not be as easy as just throwing it on but that's the price you pay for having a semi-permanent coating that is highly scratch resistant without changing the look of the phone.

miniphone
Aug 21st, 2008, 03:07 PM

Total cost is what counts. EBay seller do it all the time, they make money off shipping.

AgentXXL
Aug 22nd, 2008, 02:30 AM
Best Skins Ever looks good (and the price is decent too). However, we are Canadians and should try to buy and support Canadian when we can. I can whole-heartedly recommend Gelaskins as an alternative to Best Skins Ever and/or DecalGirl.

Gelaskins for iPhone:

Apple iPhone 3G Skins | GelaSkins (http://www.gelaskins.com/catalog.php?Device=8&Category=25&p=1)

DecalGirl:

Apple iPhone 3G Skins @ DecalGirl.com (http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,276.htm)

Best Skins Ever:

iPhone 3G Skin (http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-88/iPhone-3G-Skin/Detail)

I also recommend a good screen protector for the front of the phone... there are many decent alternatives out there at your local Rogers/cellular dealer. I'm even finding a good selection of iPhone accessories in the electronics section at local London Drugs outlets. While it may not be Canadian made, you can at least support Canadian retailers.

Escape Clause: when Canadian retailers attempt to gouge us for products that we can order in from the US at much cheaper prices. In this case, feel free to 'boycott' your local dealer in a manner you see fit. :D

zlinger
Aug 28th, 2008, 01:54 AM
I have tried many cases, and have finally settled with Incase products. Some cases that I tried were returned for refund, some others not.

I also use a crystal screen protector for the iPhone, and the InvisibleShield for a MacBook Air, and then an Incase cover and sleeve. For me, this represents a compact and professional looking solution with robust protection for traveling.

Protective Cover for iPhone 3G : Incase Product (http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl59051)
Neoprene Sleeve for MacBook Air : Incase Product (http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/neoprene-sleeve-cl57148)