: Corporate accounts with a iPhone?

heimdal
Aug 19th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Any corporate account users have any luck in avoiding paying exorbitant HUP prices?

The last couple of times I tried it, it was $399 for the 8GB and $499 for the 16GB, plus an Early Cancellation Fee. Plus I can't do it till the 23rd.

It's just not fair, I feel bad when I walk into a Rogers store and see all these ppl walking out with iPhones in hand, and I see the CSR bringing my supposed iPhone back to storage. We are Rogers customers too...

If anyone has any luck whatsoever in committed Rogers, please tell me how you did it.

HowEver
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:36 PM
You might find this thread helpful:

https://www.ehmac.ca/ipod-itunes-iphone-apple-tv/67447-iphone-3g-corporate-plan.html

It's still something of a "Russian roulette" for corporate customers. You never know if you'll get the customer service rep. who will help. In any case, it's better to avoid stores and phone Rogers yourself. Stores aren't making much commission on these phones as it is, not that I''m all that sympathetic; they sure aren't. Call directly.

Any corporate account users have any luck in avoiding paying exorbitant HUP prices?

The last couple of times I tried it, it was $399 for the 8GB and $499 for the 16GB, plus an Early Cancellation Fee. Plus I can't do it till the 23rd.

It's just not fair, I feel bad when I walk into a Rogers store and see all these ppl walking out with iPhones in hand, and I see the CSR bringing my supposed iPhone back to storage. We are Rogers customers too...

If anyone has any luck whatsoever in committed Rogers, please tell me how you did it.

heimdal
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:46 PM
So you got it then?

I was actually about to get one for $249 when I called on the 8th. The guy said it'll be delivered within 5 business days. A week went by and I called and they said there was no order received. WTF? :mad:

Everytime I call now, they give me the $499 pricing.

HowEver, how did you go about phoning Rogers? What did you ask for/say to them? Did you call the Corporate line directly?

Thanks a bunch, I'm trying to get one before Aug 31, when the data plan promotion expires.

Ace McDuck
Aug 20th, 2008, 12:21 AM
You should not be quoted such a high amount for the phone - they have a recording when you call the corp number that states that corp users get the retail discount now. The number I've been given is 866-363-9712 for corporate HUP, or 866-727-2141 for business solutions. My phone order was done through corp HUP, then once I took possession of my phone (yesterday) I called business solutions to activate the $60 corp iphone plan.

heimdal
Aug 20th, 2008, 11:43 AM
You should not be quoted such a high amount for the phone - they have a recording when you call the corp number that states that corp users get the retail discount now. The number I've been given is 866-363-9712 for corporate HUP, or 866-727-2141 for business solutions. My phone order was done through corp HUP, then once I took possession of my phone (yesterday) I called business solutions to activate the $60 corp iphone plan.

I called again, seems it gets worse and worse.

This time, the girl on the phone said, I can get it without any discounts at all, plus she wanted to charge me $180 in early HUP fees. I'm not paying nearly a grand for an iPhone. Apparently my company rejected or didn't receive and approve a memo from them concerning the early HUP.

I also asked if I could just change my plan to that $60 voice and data plan in order to be eligible for the iPhone, but according to her I can't even do that.

I might just consider changing my corporate plan to a similar consumer plan, but I doubt I can find anything relatively close to what I have now, plus I don't have the bargaining power since I activated in February:

$23+SAF+911
200 anytime
Unlimited Evenings @ 6pm
Unlimited Weekends
Call Display
Voicemail

LionTamer
Aug 20th, 2008, 01:42 PM
To clarify...if you take the one Corporate iPhone plan in existence, the price of the phone is $199/$299 provided it's a new line or you are HUP eligible.

The Corporate plan is currently $60 for 300 minutes, VVM and 6 GB data. Another $10 adds unlimited evenings/weekends, a further $5 brings that to 6 pm evenings, another $7 for call waiting. Basically, those are your only options if you wanna get the phone at that price. You take a 3 year commitment on the iPhone voice and data plan, and are not eligible to change to any other plan other than future iPhone voice & data plans.

In order to have access to iPhones, the company has to sign an amendment to their corporate agreement. Once this is done, you can order an iPhone as a HUP much in the same way that you'll order any other phone.

If you need more than 300 daytime minutes, you are currently out of luck...there's no way to get more minutes on a corporate plan, or at least so it seems. If anybody else manages to get a plan with more minutes and get the discounted price through Rogers Corporate, let us know how you did it.